Travis Kelce, the star NFL tight end known for his exceptional skills and contributions to the Kansas City Chiefs, has not only left an indelible mark on the football field but has also significantly impacted the financial realm. Travis Kelce net worthtells a compelling story of a dedicated athlete who has parlayed his talent into financial success.
In this era of professional sports, where players often leverage their prowess both on and off the field, Travis Kelcenet worth reflects not only his exceptional career achievements but also his shrewd business decisions and philanthropic endeavors. Let's delve into the numbers that define the financial landscape of this celebrated athlete.
|Born: ||October 5, 1989|
|Net Worth: ||$40 Million|
|Profession:||Football player|Travis Kelce was born on October 5, 1989, in Westlake, Ohio. Travis Kelce comes from an athletic family. His father, Ed Kelce, played collegefootball at Eastern Illinois University, and his older brother, Jason Kelce, is also a professional football player, an NFL center for the Philadelphia Eagles.
Kelce attended Cleveland Heights High School, where he excelled as a multi-sport athlete. He played football, basketball, and baseball. In high school, he was primarily known as a quarterback and was a standout on the football field.
At the University of Cincinnati, Kelce continued his success on the football field, playing as a tight end for the Bearcats. In his senior year, he recorded 722 receiving yards and eight touchdowns, which earned him first-team All-Big East honors. He was also a finalist for the John Mackey Award, given annually to the best tight end in college football.
Travis Kelce attended the University of Cincinnati for college, where he joined the Bearcats football team alongside his brother. After a redshirt year in 2008, he had a modest start in 2009 with eight rushes for 47 yards and two touchdowns. However, he faced suspension in 2010 due to a failed drug test. Kelce made a comeback in 2011, setting personal records with 45 receptions and 722 receiving yards.
Kelce running while holding a ball on the field
In the 2013 NFL Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs selected Kelce in the third round. His rookie season was short-lived due to a knee surgery that placed him on injured reserve. But he bounced back in 2014, achieving his first NFL touchdown and a 100-yard receiving game. By the end of the season, he led the Chiefs in receiving with 862 yards. Kelce continued to shine in 2015, securing his first multi-touchdown game, and the Chiefs finished the regular season with an 11-5 record, though they were eliminated in the Divisional Round by the New England Patriots.
Kelce's strong performance persisted in 2016, reaching career highs with 1,125 receiving yards and 85 receptions. The Chiefs topped the AFC West with a 12-4 record but faced a Divisional Round loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers. In 2017, Kelce achieved eight receiving touchdowns and over 1,000 receiving yards, but the Chiefs were eliminated in the Wild Card Round. Unfortunately, he suffered a concussion during the game.
In 2018, Kelce played a pivotal role in leading the Chiefs to an AFC West championship and an appearance in the AFC Championship, where they were defeated by the Patriots. The 2019 season was remarkable for Kelce, as he set multiple records, becoming the fastest tight end to reach 500 career receptions and the first tight end with four consecutive 1,000-yard seasons. The Chiefs surged through the playoffs, winning Super Bowl LIV against the San Francisco 49ers. They returned to the Super Bowl in the following year but fell to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
In 2021, Kelce continued his record-breaking streak, achieving six 1,000-yard seasons and becoming the fastest tight end to reach 9,000 career yards. The Chiefs made a deep playoff run but were stopped in the AFC Championship by the Cincinnati Bengals. In 2022, Kelce contributed to the Chiefs' Super Bowl LVII victory against the Philadelphia Eagles, notably featuring two brothers on opposing teams, with Jason Kelce playing for the Eagles. The Chiefs won 38-35.
Kelce is also involved in various brands and smart investments. He, along with other athletes, put money into the hot sauce brand Cholula. When it was acquired by the food giant McCormick in 2020 for $800 million, it likely yielded significant profits for Kelce.
Furthermore, Kelce has invested in a startup called Hydrow, which makes at-home rowing machines. This company raised $255 million in funding in the previous year. Kelce's investment portfolio includes Casa Azul tequila, PlayersTV for sports lifestyle and entertainment content, Indochino men's clothing brand, and RealTruck for truck accessories.
Kelce runs Hilo Gummies, a line of nutritional supplements launched in 2019, where he also serves as the Chief of Performance. He has his sportswear brand called Tru Kolors.
Additionally, Kelce and his brother host a podcast titled "New Heights," which, at the time of writing, is the number one podcast on Apple Podcasts.
Travis Kelce wearing a white coat
In addition to his clothing line, Travis Kelce has also been a spokesperson for several well-known brands. Some of his most significant endorsements include Nike, Champs Sports, and Old Spice. He has also worked with brands such as Oakley and Verizon, among others. Kelce's ability to secure endorsement deals is a testament to his popularity and status as one of the NFL's most marketable players.
- Nike- Kelce had an endorsement deal with Nike, one of the world's leading sportswear and athletic apparel companies. He often wore Nike cleats and gear during games.
- Old Spice- Kelce was a part of Old Spice's advertising campaign and featured in their commercials. Old Spice is a brand known for its men's grooming and personal care products.
- DirecTV- Kelce has been involved in DirecTV's NFL Sunday Ticket promotions and commercials, promoting their NFL package.
- Head & Shoulders- Kelce was featured in Head & Shoulders' campaigns, a brand known for its anti-dandruff shampoos and hair care products.
- T-Mobile- Kelce had an endorsement deal with T-Mobile, a major telecommunications company. He appeared in their commercials and promotional materials.
Kelce resides in a luxurious apartment located in a Kansas City high-rise building. This upscale residence is situated in the vibrant Power and Light district. The apartment offers the finest in urban living and comes at a monthly rental cost of up to $3,400 at its highest point. Its prime location provides easy access to local restaurants, shops, concert venues, and the city's nightlife.
Notable features of the building include a direct access route to Cosentino's grocery store and meticulously crafted concierge services. Residents also have access to amenities such as a well-equipped gym, swimming pools, game rooms, relaxing common areas, and top-notch security. Kelce has called this apartment his home since 2018 and, given his substantial contract extension in August, it appears he has no plans to move elsewhere.
In addition to his apartment, Travis Kelce owns a suburban home in the outskirts of Kansas City. This spacious residence boasts a swimming pool with a jacuzzi, a fully equipped gym room, a generous basement area, and a separate den that he uses as his office. Kelce has owned this house since 2013 and continues to invest in upgrades and improvements.
Travis Kelce wearing a black long sleeves
Travis Kelce, the NFL player, has been actively involved in philanthropy and charity work.
- Braden's Hope for Childhood Cancer -Kelce has actively supported Braden's Hope for Childhood Cancer, even appearing on a calendar for the month of June. This involvement is aimed at raising awareness and funding research grants to discover treatments and cures for childhood cancer, a cause close to his heart.
- Operation Breakthrough -Kelce has dedicated his time and resources to Operation Breakthrough, an organization with a mission to create a safe, loving, and educational environment for children living in poverty. The organization also empowers families through advocacy, emergency aid, and education, addressing critical issues affecting disadvantaged children and their communities.
- 87 and Running Foundation -Travis Kelce's most substantial charitable effort comes through the "87 and Running Foundation." This foundation is dedicated to empowering underprivileged youth to achieve success by providing essential resources and support to their communities. It nurtures talent and potential in various fields, including education, business, athletics, STEM, and the arts. The foundation's focus is on fostering holistic development among disadvantaged youth, creating opportunities for them to thrive and succeed.
In addition to real estate, Travis Kelce has also invested in alternative assets such as cryptocurrency. He is an investor in the cryptocurrency platform "Bittrex Global" and has been an advocate for the use of digital assets as an alternative to traditional currencies. While the value of cryptocurrency can be volatile, Kelce's investment strategy appears to be focused on long-term growth and diversification of his portfolio.
Travis Kelce, a renowned American professional football tight end, has amassed a net worth of $40 million. He commenced his NFL career with the Kansas City Chiefs in 2013, quickly establishing himself as one of the greatest tight ends in the sport's history. Kelce played a pivotal role in the Chiefs' victories in Super Bowls LIV and LVII and holds various NFL records, including the fastest tight end to achieve 10,000 career receiving yards.
Kelce's journey began with a four-year contract worth $3.12 million with the Chiefs in 2013. In 2016, he inked a five-year, $46 million extension, which included $22 million in guaranteed money and resulted in an average annual salary of approximately $14 million. Additionally, he enjoys substantial endorsement earnings, raking in $5 million annually from partnerships with companies such as McDonald's, Nike, Papa John's, Bud Light, and State Farm.
Travis Kelce wearing a white jacket and Taylor Swift wearing a black and white coat
Travis Kelce's net worth is estimated to be $40 million. He is an American professional football player who has played for the Kansas City Chiefs in the NFL and has several endorsement deals, including ones with McDonald's, Nike, Papa John's, Bud Light, and State Farm.
Taylor Swift's net worth is estimated to be $740 million. She is a highly successful singer, songwriter, and performer, and her wealth primarily comes from her music career, including album sales, concert tours, and endorsement deals. Her Taylor's Version re-releases of albums, as well as the Eras Tour, have contributed significantly to her wealth.
In this comparison, it is clear that Taylor Swift's net worth is substantially higher than Travis Kelce's. Swift's diverse sources of income in the music and entertainment industry have allowed her to amass significant wealth, making her one of the wealthiest individuals in the entertainment world.
Travis Kelce's current contract with the Kansas City Chiefs runs through the 2025 season. However, given his performance on the field and his value as a player, it is likely that he will negotiate another contract extension before then. The terms of any future contract will impact his net worth significantly, as it is likely that he will continue to earn a high annual salary.
Travis Kelce has shown a talent for entrepreneurship, successfully launching his clothing line and investing in real estate and cryptocurrency. As his career progresses, it is likely that he will explore other business ventures that align with his interests and values.
Some potential areas for expansion could include technology startups or media ventures. Kelce's ability to identify and capitalize on new opportunities will be a key factor in determining his future net worth. Travis Kelce wearing a black and white polo
- Travis Kelce's older brother, Jason Kelce, is also an NFL player and serves as the center for the Philadelphia Eagles. This makes them one of the few pairs of brothers in the NFL, and they've both had successful careers.
- In high school, Kelce was a multi-sport athlete, excelling not only in football but also in basketball and baseball. This background in different sports likely contributed to his versatility on the football field.
- Kelce made a significant transition during his college career. He started as a college quarterback at the University of Cincinnati and later converted to a tight end, which has become his signature position in the NFL.
- Travis Kelce is actively involved in charitable work. He founded the "87 & Running Foundation," dedicated to empowering underprivileged youth through education, business, athletics, STEM, and the arts.
- Kelce is not just an athlete but also a savvy businessman. He has invested in several ventures, including hot sauce brand Cholula, tequila brand Casa Azul, at-home rowing machine startup Hydrow, and his own sportswear brand, Tru Kolors.
- Throughout his NFL career, Kelce has set multiple records for tight ends. He became the fastest tight end in NFL history to reach 500 career receptions and the first tight end with four consecutive 1,000-yard seasons in 2019.
- Kelce and his brother, Jason Kelce, co-host a podcast titled "New Heights," which has gained popularity and even reached the number one spot on Apple Podcasts.
- Kelce has been romantically linked with various celebrities, including reality TV star Kayla Nicole, singer Demi Lovato, and pop star Taylor Swift.
- Travis Kelce played a pivotal role in the Kansas City Chiefs' Super Bowl LIV victory in 2020, where they defeated the San Francisco 49ers.
- Kelce has consistently been recognized as one of the NFL's top tight ends and has continued to be a force on the field with impressive statistics and accomplishments, making him a fan favorite.
The value of Travis Kelce's clothing line, "Walk in Wardrobe," is not publicly known. The line features streetwear-inspired designs and includes items such as t-shirts, sweatshirts, and hats. While the line has been successful, it is unlikely to contribute significantly to Kelce's overall net worth compared to his NFL salary and other investments.
Travis Kelce signed a contract extension with the Kansas City Chiefs in 2020 worth $57.25 million over four years, which included a $15 million signing bonus. This makes him one of the highest-paid tight ends in the NFL. His average annual salary is $14.3 million, and his base salary for the 2021 season is $7.25 million.
Travis Kelce's net worth is high compared to other NFL players, particularly at his position. As mentioned earlier, he is ranked as the third-richest tight end in the NFL, behind only Rob Gronkowski and Jimmy Graham. However, when compared to some of the league's top quarterbacks, such as Tom Brady and Patrick Mahomes, his net worth is still relatively modest.
Travis Kelce net worth is a testament to his success both on and off the football field. He has established himself as one of the best tight ends in the NFL and has earned significant financial rewards as a result.
His business ventures and endorsements have also been successful, adding to his overall wealth. With several years left in his NFL career, it is likely that Travis Kelce's net worth will continue to grow, especially if he continues to perform at a high level and secure lucrative contracts and endorsement deals.
In addition to his financial success, Travis Kelce is also known for his philanthropic work. He has been involved in several charitable initiatives, including his "87 and Running Foundation," which provides resources and support to disadvantaged youth in underserved communities. He has also been a vocal advocate for social justice and racial equality, using his platform to raise awareness and promote change.