Rapper, record producer, performer, and composer Yung Berg is a well-known hip-hop musician who has collaborated with many well-known people. He performs under the stage names "Hitmaka" and "Yung Berg," and he has put out popular music and songs on the Epic Records and Bloodline labels.
He has worked with renowned labels, which has helped him become well-known. He released "Sexy Lady," his first song, in 2007. His musical tastes include Pop/Rock, Hip-Hop, and R&B. Let's examine Yung Berg net worth, age, height, weight, girlfriend, bio, and other details.
|Date Of Birth||Sep 9, 1985|
|Place Of Birth||Chicago|
|Profession||Singer, Songwriter, Record producer, Rapper|Yung Berg wearing a pink suit
Christian Ward was Yung Berg's given name when he was born in Chicago, Illinois, on September 9, 1985. From an early age, he was drawn to music, especially rap and hip hop, and started creating his own songs in his early adolescence. When he was sixteen years old, he signed to rapper DMX's Bloodline Records in 2001.
He had some early success with the song "Dog 4 Life," which was included on the "Exit Wounds" soundtrack. He used the moniker Iceberg while competing. But in 2001, his parents enrolled him at a military boarding school in Montana. That is where he completed his education in 2003.
Yung Berg relocated to Los Angeles to further his musical career after graduating from high school. By 2005, he was supporting rapper Shawnna of Disturbing the Peace as a hype guy and recording assistant. Around this period, he was also working on his own songs.
He released the tune "Sexy Lady," which had vocalist Junior as well, and it quickly rose to fame on Los Angeles' urban radio. After that, he signed with Epic Records. July 2007 saw the publication of his EP, "Almost Famous: The Sexy Lady EP." He also appeared in the music video for Kat DeLuna's track "Whine Up" the same year. In November of 2007, he collaborated with Lil Wayne and Brisco on the song "Bitch Please."
By year's end, Ward had another song out, "Sexy Can I." He co-wrote the song, which went viral, with vocalist Ray J. In the same month, he released his first album, "Look What You Made Me". The album debuted at number two on the Top Rap Albums list and twenty-first on the Billboard 200.
Ward started developing the idea for a prospective reality dating program that he intended to present in December 2008. Even though he had already started casting the program, the plan was eventually abandoned. In 2009, Ward, his elder brother K-Young, and producer Rob Holladay established a production company named The Dream Team. Ward continued to concentrate on producing rather than writing music after that, but he would eventually go back to writing songs again.
Ward began collaborating with Nicki Minaj by 2012. His credits on her album "The Pinkprint" include co-writing and co-producing the songs "Want Some More" and "Buy a Heart." As a result of his achievements in the music business, he was chosen for the 2014 season of "Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood," a VH1 spin-off of the original "Love & Hip Hop." The program traced the romantic and personal lives of both Ward and fellow cast member Hazel E. But in late 2014, Ward lost his job on the program because of legal problems.
By 2020, Ward was a well-known record producer and business leader in the music business. He was named vice president of Atlantic Records' A&R division. He served as T.I.'s executive producer on his most recent album, "The L.I.B.R.A.", around that time. Ward also put out new songs in 2021 under the moniker Hitmaka. He and Eric Bellinger published "1-800-HIT-EAZY" in 2011. He published "Big Tuh" and "1-800-Hit Eazy 2" in the same year. He produced rapper Tink's album "Tink Pillow Talk" in 2022.
- "Sexy Lady"- This is one of Yung Berg's most well-known songs, released in 2007. It became a hit and helped establish his career.
- "The Business"- Another popular track released in 2008, "The Business" further solidified Yung Berg's presence in the music industry.
- "Do That There"- Featuring Dude 'n Nem, this song was released in 2007 and gained attention in the hip-hop scene.
- "Give You the Business"- This song is a remix of "The Business" and features various artists, including Young Jeezy.
- "Sexy Can I"- Yung Berg collaborated with Ray J on this 2008 track, which was well-received and charted on various music charts.
- "Outerspace"- Yung Berg's music often includes collaborations with other artists, and "Outerspace" featuring Casha is one example.
- "Manager"- This song, released in 2010, showcases Yung Berg's talent as both a rapper and singer.
- "Masika's Interlude"- In his role as Hitmaka, Yung Berg released this track as part of his music production and songwriting career.
In terms of his financial accumulation, Yung Berg is projected to have a staggering $2 million in net worth by 2022. It's clear that he has maximized his opportunities as a popular rapper. He stands out from the rest because to his unique voice and rhyming technique. Given his riches, many assume he lives an opulent lifestyle and is deserving of everything he has accomplished so far.
Yung Berg wearing sunglasses
- Music Production and Songwriting -Yung Berg has a strong presence in the music industry as a producer and songwriter. He has worked with numerous artists across different genres, contributing to hit songs. This aspect of his career serves as a significant business venture in itself.
- Fashion and Clothing - Yung Berg has displayed a keen interest in fashion and has been involved in the fashion industry. He's known for his unique style and may have ventured into creating his clothing line or collaborating with clothing brands.
- Television and Reality Shows -Yung Berg has made appearances on reality television, most notably in "Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood." His involvement in such shows not only provides exposure but also creates opportunities for business deals and endorsements.
- Social Media and Digital Branding -Like many artists, he actively uses social media platforms to engage with his audience and promote his music. These platforms can be leveraged for brand partnerships, sponsored content, and other digital business ventures.
- Record Label and Artist Development -He may have explored establishing his own record label to discover and nurture emerging talent in the music industry, serving as a platform for artists to grow and release their music.
- Investments -Yung Berg might have diversified his income through investments in various industries, including technology, startups, or real estate, to build wealth and financial stability.
- Media Production -Some artists venture into media production, including music videos, films, or web series. Such endeavors can be both creatively fulfilling and financially rewarding.
- Entrepreneurial Pursuits -Beyond the music and entertainment world, Yung Berg could have explored entrepreneurial endeavors or business partnerships that align with his interests and expertise.
Yung Berg wearing a white shirt with green stripes
Yung Berg, whose real name is Christian Ward, is known for his involvement in the music industry as a rapper, singer, and songwriter. Here are some general insights into the hobbies and interests that individuals in the music industry often have:
- Music Production -Yung Berg has a strong background in music production and songwriting. It's likely that he has a deep passion for creating and producing music. This may include spending time in the studio, experimenting with different sounds and beats, and collaborating with other artists.
- Songwriting -Given his success as a songwriter, Yung Berg may have a keen interest in crafting lyrics and melodies. Songwriting can be a deeply personal and creative pursuit, allowing artists to express their thoughts, emotions, and experiences.
- Exploring New Music - Musicians often have a love for music beyond their own genre. Yung Berg might enjoy exploring various styles of music, attending concerts, and discovering new artists. This can help broaden their musical horizons and inspire their own work.
- Fashion and Style -Many artists, including those in the hip-hop and R&B genres, are known for their unique fashion and style. Yung Berg may have an interest in fashion, staying updated with the latest trends, and expressing himself through his clothing and accessories.
- Community Engagement -Some artists are actively involved in their communities or social causes. Yung Berg might have an interest in giving back to the community through charity work, mentorship, or other forms of community engagement.
- Networking and Collaborations -Building connections within the music industry is crucial for success. Yung Berg may enjoy networking, collaborating with other artists and industry professionals, and staying up-to-date with industry trends and opportunities.
- Fitness and Health -Maintaining physical and mental well-being is important for artists, as it can have a significant impact on their performance and creativity. Yung Berg may have an interest in fitness, healthy living, or activities that promote overall wellness.
Ward and his ex-girlfriend Brandy Flint are parents to a kid. He owes over $100,000 in child support and was charged for nonpayment in October of 2015. The Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services deemed him a delinquent parent in December 2017 and went on to provide details on his nonpayment of child support.
In 2014, he found himself in legal hot water once again after being taken into custody on charges of beating his then-girlfriend, Masika Kalysha Tucker. Over the years, Ward has been a part of many additional scandals. The Detroit rapper Trick Trick ambushed him in 2008, leaving him injured.
Trick Trick's group attacked Ward outside of a bar, and he reported the incident to the police since two of the pricey chains he was wearing had also been taken from him. Since then, he has made it known in public that he no longer wears jewelry that is too showy.
In public, Ward has also argued with other rappersand musicians on a few occasions. In 2008, he released a diss single aimed at Bow Wow, but the following year, he claimed that the two had made their peace. In addition, he and singer Teairra Mari got into a heated argument on Mari's previous romance with musician Ray J. Nevertheless, the two got beyond their disagreements, and Ward went on to write Mari's song "Deserve."
- Yung Berg has a background in music production and has produced tracks for various artists.
- He gained early recognition for his work on the song "Sexy Lady," which was featured on the "Almost Famous" album in 2007.
- Yung Berg was once part of the hip-hop group "Bloodline."
- He has collaborated with numerous artists, including Lil Wayne, Ray J, and Twista.
- In 2019, he released an album titled "9 to 5."
- Yung Berg is known for his distinctive tattoos, including a large Batman logo on his chest.
- He has made appearances on reality TV shows, including "Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood."
- Yung Berg has faced legal issues and controversies throughout his career.
- His career has had its share of ups and downs, and he's been candid about challenges he has faced in the industry.
- Yung Berg has been open about his passion for fashion and has been involved in the clothing and streetwear scene.
- He's known for his versatility as both a rapper and a singer.
- In addition to his music career, Yung Berg has been involved in business ventures outside of music.
- Yung Berg has an active presence on social media platforms, where he shares updates about his music and personal life.
The rapper made another well-considered choice, renaming himself Hitmaka instead of Yung Berg, and began making movements behind the scenes. His first production credits were on DJ Infamous' "Double Cup" and King Louie's "My Hoes They Do Drugs," which featured Juicy J and Pusha T. Officially, Hitmaka was a beatsmith.
He is known for his interest in fashion and has been involved in the clothing and streetwear scene.
Yes, he has an active presence on social media platforms where he shares updates about his music and personal life.
Hitmaka's path from a youthful rapper to an industry giant is a tribute to flexibility, determination, and unwavering devotion in a world where celebrity may be ephemeral. The numbers show his successes in terms of money, but what really matters are the beats he has produced, the musicians he has inspired, and the legacy he is still leaving behind.
He has also shown that success involves more than just accumulating wealth—it also involves giving back. Even though he may not advertise his charitable activities, many who are aware of him can attest to his unnoticed donations to causes that are dear to his heart.