Gospel singer, actress, radio presenter, and record producer Yolanda Adams net worthis $5 million. Yolanda Adams acquired her wealth by releasing a number of commercially successful albums, including "Just as I am," "Believe," "Day by Day," and many more.
She has also served as the host of The Yolanda Adams Morning Show, a radio program that is now broadcast on Radio One's Urban Gospel Stations. Adams has further been on The Mo 'Nique Show on BET Station, sang at the 53rd Grammy Awards and the BET Honors, and in 2011 she expressed her support for the American military by singing at the National Memorial Day Concert in Washington, D.C. Adams also published a book in 2010 named "Points of Power" that discusses Christianity.
She was ranked as the top gospel performer of the previous ten years, and the finest spiritual album was her version of "Mountain High...Valley Low." Yolanda Adams was one of five siblings born in Houston, Texas, in 1961. She went to Texas Southern University after graduating from Houston's Sterling High School. Adams briefly worked as a teacher and a part-time model before deciding to pursue a career as a lead vocalist.
She has contracts with many record labels, including Elektra, Atlantic, Colombia, and others. In 1987, she signed her first deal with the Sound of Gospel record label. Taylor Adams Crawford is the only child of Adams and Tim Crawford, who separated in 2004. Adams has also served as the face of "Operation Rebound," a FILA Corporation initiative to aid inner-city kids.
|Date Of Birth||Aug 27, 1961|
|Place Of Birth||Houston|
|Profession||Singer, Record producer, Actor, Radio personality, Singer-songwriter|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Net Worth||$5 Million|
Yolanda Adams, born on August 27, 1961, is an American gospel singer, actress, and radio host. While I don't have access to up-to-date information on her personal life beyond my September 2021 knowledge cutoff, I can provide details based on what is publicly known.
Yolanda Adams has been private about her personal life, so there is limited information available. As of my last update, she has been married twice. Her first marriage was to Troy Mason, and they have a daughter together named Taylor Adams Crawford. Yolanda Adams and Troy Mason divorced in 2004.
In 2007, Yolanda Adams got married to former NFL player Tim Crawford. They have not made their personal life public, and there is limited information about their relationship or any subsequent developments.
She made the first step towards fame and recognition while singing in Houston’s Southeast Inspirational Choir, which belonged to the Church of God in Christ. The well-known music pieces of that time are the single “For My Liberty” (1982) and the studio album “Just As I Am” (1987).
Yolanda Adams is best known for her successful career as a gospel singer, but she has also ventured into other areas of the entertainment industry. Here are some highlights of her career:
Yolanda Adams rose to prominence in the early 1990s with her debut album, "Just as I Am," which garnered critical acclaim and established her as a powerful gospel vocalist. She followed up with several successful albums, including "Through the Storm" (1991), "Save the World" (1993), and "Mountain High... Valley Low" (1999).
"Mountain High... Valley Low" became a crossover success, reaching a wider audience and earning mainstream recognition. The album won multiple Grammy Awards, including Best Contemporary Soul Gospel Album and Best Gospel Song for the hit single "Open My Heart."
Throughout her career, Yolanda Adams has released numerous chart-topping gospel albums, including "Believe" (2001), "Day by Day" (2005), and "Becoming" (2011). She is known for her powerful and soulful voice, as well as her ability to blend gospel with elements of R&B, pop, and jazz.
In addition to her music career, Yolanda Adams has made appearances in television shows and movies. She has guest-starred on popular series such as "Soul Food," "Strong Medicine," and "Half & Half." Adams has also appeared in films, including "The Gospel" (2005) and "Cuba Gooding Jr.'s Life of a King" (2013).
Yolanda Adams has hosted a nationally syndicated radio program called "The Yolanda Adams Morning Show." The show features a mix of gospel music, inspirational messages, and interviews with various guests. It has been widely successful and has earned Adams recognition as a radio personality.
Overall, Yolanda Adams has had a remarkable career in the music industry, with numerous awards and accolades to her name. She continues to inspire audiences with her uplifting music and remains a prominent figure in gospel music.
Yolanda Adams net worth is $5 million. The main source of Yolanda Adams wealth is singing, though she has added sums as an actress, record producer and radio host, too. As a gospel singer she has been listed first by Billboard Magazine as of 2009. She has been active in the entertainment industry since 1974.
Confirming Yolanda Adams status is the fact that she is the winner of 16 Stellar Gospel Music Awards, seven NAACP Image, five BET, four Grammy and four Gospel Music Association’s Dove Awards which have also added much to her fame, and therefore net worth.
Yolanda Adams has received numerous awards and accolades throughout her career for her contributions to gospel music. Here are some of her notable awards and achievements:
- Grammy Awards- Yolanda Adams has won multiple Grammy Awards. She has received the Grammy for Best Contemporary Soul Gospel Album four times for her albums "Mountain High... Valley Low" (2001), "The Experience" (2002), "Day by Day" (2006), and "Becoming" (2012). She has also won the Grammy for Best Gospel Song for her hit single "Open My Heart" (2001).
- Stellar Awards -Yolanda Adams has received numerous Stellar Awards, which honor achievements in gospel music. She has won Female Vocalist of the Year multiple times, as well as Artist of the Year, Song of the Year, and Traditional Female Vocalist of the Year.
- Dove Awards- Adams has won several Dove Awards, which recognize outstanding achievements in Christian and gospel music. She has received awards for categories such as Traditional Gospel Album of the Year, Contemporary Gospel Recorded Song of the Year, and Urban Recorded Song of the Year.
- NAACP Image Awards - Yolanda Adams has been honored with several NAACP Image Awards for her contributions to the entertainment industry. She has won awards for Outstanding Gospel Artist, Outstanding Gospel Album, and Outstanding Gospel Song.
- BET Awards - Adams has received recognition at the BET Awards. She won the BET Award for Best Gospel Artist multiple times.
- Essence Awards- Yolanda Adams has been honored at the Essence Awards for her achievements in gospel music. She has won the Essence Award for Best Gospel Album multiple times.
- Yolanda Adams underwent a significant health transformation by adopting a healthier lifestyle, which resulted in her losing over 100 pounds. She has been an advocate for health and wellness, encouraging others to take control of their well-being.
- Yolanda Adams has had the honor of performing the national anthem at several major events, including the Super Bowl, NBA Finals, and World Series, showcasing her versatility as a vocalist.
- Adams has collaborated with various renowned artists across different genres. She has worked with artists such as Whitney Houston, Donnie McClurkin, Michael Bolton, and Andrea Bocelli, among others.
- While known primarily for her gospel music, Yolanda Adams has also achieved success in other music genres. Her album "Believe" crossed over into the mainstream charts and received critical acclaim.
- In addition to her own singing career, Adams has dedicated time to coaching and mentoring aspiring singers. She has served as a vocal coach on the TV show "Sunday Best," sharing her expertise and helping contestants refine their skills.
- Yolanda Adams grew up listening to a variety of musical genres, including gospel, jazz, R&B, and classical music, which helped shape her diverse musical style.
- Before pursuing a full-time music career, Adams worked as a schoolteacher in Houston, Texas.
- Yolanda Adams possesses an impressive vocal range, spanning three octaves, allowing her to deliver powerful and soulful performances.
- Adams achieved crossover success with her album "Mountain High... Valley Low," which reached a wider audience beyond the gospel music community and earned her mainstream recognition.
- Yolanda Adams is known for her philanthropic efforts. She has been involved in various charitable organizations, including the American Diabetes Association and the Yolanda Adams Health & Wellness Tour.
- In addition to her music career, Adams has hosted a nationally syndicated radio show called "The Yolanda Adams Morning Show," which features a mix of gospel music, inspirational messages, and interviews.
- Adams has appeared in several films and television shows, showcasing her talents as an actress. She has played roles in movies such as "The Gospel" and "Cuba Gooding Jr.'s Life of a King."
- Yolanda Adams has won multiple Grammy Awards throughout her career, including Best Contemporary Soul Gospel Album and Best Gospel Song categories.
- Many of Adams' albums and singles have achieved high positions on the Billboard charts, showcasing her popularity and success in the music industry.
- Adams is not only known for her musical abilities but also for her inspirational messages. She is often sought after as a speaker at various events, conferences, and religious gatherings, where she shares her faith and motivates audiences.
Yolanda Adams released her first album, "Just as I Am," in 1988.
Yolanda Adams has won a total of four Grammy Awards in her career.
Yes, Yolanda Adams has appeared in several movies and TV shows. Some notable ones include "The Gospel" (2005) and "Cuba Gooding Jr.'s Life of a King" (2013).
One of Yolanda Adams' most popular songs is "Open My Heart," which won a Grammy Award for Best Gospel Song. Other well-known songs include "Victory" and "I Believe I Can Fly."
As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, Yolanda Adams has not published any books. However, it's always a good idea to check for the latest updates and releases in case she has published a book since then.
In conclusion, Yolanda Adams is a highly accomplished gospel singer, actress, and radio host. Throughout her career, she has received numerous awards, including Grammy Awards, for her contributions to gospel music.
She has released several successful albums and is known for her powerful and soulful voice. Yolanda Adams has also ventured into acting, appearing in movies and TV shows, and has hosted a nationally syndicated radio show. She is admired not only for her musical talents but also for her philanthropic efforts and inspirational messages.