Teyana Taylor is a dancer, actor, and singer from the United States. In 2005, Taylor inked a recording contract with Pharell Williams' Star Trak Entertainment label. On MTV's "My Super Sweet 16," she made her debut in front of the general public. In 2012, she joined with Kanye West's GOOD Music label. Taylor has collaborated with musicians including Chris Brown, Usher, and Omarion. Let's discussTeyana Taylor net worth, career, accolades, and funding sources in greater detail in this article.
|Profession||United States of America|
|Nationality||Actor, Rapper, Dancer, Singer-songwriter|
|Date Of Birth||Dec 10, 1990|
|Place Of Birth||Harlem|
On December 10, 1990, in New York City, Teyana Me Shay Jacqueli Taylor was born. Nikki, a single mother who raised her in Harlem, started serving as Teyana's manager when Teyana was a teenager. Taylor is the only child of Nikki; her father has three other kids.
Teyana started acting at the age of nine and has since taken part in a number of talent shows, including the Apollo Theater National All-Stars performance competition. Taylor's mother, according to her, helped mold her musical preferences, and Lauryn Hill, Michael Jackson, Brandy, Toni Braxton, and Stevie Wonder are among her inspirations.
Teyana worked as a choreographer for Beyoncé's 2006 "Ring the Alarm" music video when she was only 15 years old. The following year, she signed with Pharrell Williams' Star Trak Entertainment, an Interscope Records division. In a February 2007 episode of "My Super Sweet Sixteen," she made her television debut.
Later that same year, she had an appearance in Jay-Z's "Blue Magic" music video. "Google Me," Taylor's first song for sale, was released in February 2008 and reached a high position of #90 on the "Billboard" Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart. On August 16, 2009, she released the mixtape "From a Planet Called Harlem," and in 2010 she had appearances in "Stomp the Yard: Homecoming" and the premiere of the Oxygen network's "House of Glam."
Teyana also ended up singing as a guest on Kanye West's "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" album that year when he invited her to the studio to provide him style suggestions for a forthcoming music video. Taylor hummed along to the songs West played for her while they were in the studio, and he requested her to record vocals for the songs "Hell of a Life" and "Dark Fantasy."
Teyana also contributed vocals to the song "Christmas In Harlem" for Kanye's record label GOOD Music in 2010 and got a part in "Madea's Big Happy Family." The mixtape "The Misunderstanding of Teyana Taylor" was independently released by Taylor in March after she parted ways with Star Trak in January 2012. In June, she inked deals with GOOD Music and The Island Def Jam Music Group. She also made available the songs "Make Your Move" (featuring Wale) and "D.U.I" (with Jadakiss and Fabolous) at that time.
In September of same year, Teyana contributed vocals to the songs "To the World," "Sin City," and "Bliss" on the GOOD Music compilation "Cruel Summer," which peaked at number one on both the Top Rap Albums list and the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums charts and at number two on the "Billboard" 200.
The song "Maybe" from her first studio album, "VII," which was released on November 4, 2014, peaked at number 10 on the "Billboard" Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles list and number 11 on the Hot R&B Songs chart. Taylor released an EP called "The Cassette Tape 1994" in 2015 and participated as a judge on MTV's "America's Best Dance Crew." Teyana received acclaim for her appearance in the "Fade" music video, which Kanye West debuted at the MTV Video Music Awards in August 2016.
Here are some of the best highlights of Teyana Taylor’s career:
- Sin City (Song, 2012)
- Maybe (Song, 2014)
- VII (Album, 2014)
- MTV Video Music Awards (2017) – Won
- Hurry (Song, 2018)
- How You Want It? (Song, 2020)
- Morning (Song, 2020)
- The Album (Album, 2020)
Teyana Taylor on the stage
Teyana Taylor has a $5 million net worth. Teyana Taylor signed with Star Trek/Interscope Records after appearing on MTV's "My Sweet Sixteen" in 2007. She never had an album published while with the company. After six years of disappointment, Taylor politely ended her relationship with the record label and started independently releasing her own music.
Early in 2012, she released her first mixtape, "The Misunderstanding of Teyana Taylor," which gave rise to two hits. Since then, she has agreements with The Island Def Jam Music Group and G.O.O.D. Music Group. In November 2014, Teyana released "VII," her first studio album, which peaked at #1 on the US R&B and US R&B/Hip-Hop charts and at #19 on the "Billboard" 200.
Taylor released "K.T.S.E." in 2018 and "The Album" in 2020 as a follow-up to her popular debut. She has also acted in a number of movies, such as "Stomp the Yard: Homecoming" (2010), "Madea's Big Happy Family" (2011), and the forthcoming "Coming 2 America," which will be released in December 2020. Teyana has also developed the "Fade 2 Fit" fitness program and the Fade2Fit line of workout clothing. She has also designed footwear for adidas.
Teyana and Iman spent about $3 million for a 5,700-square-foot house in the Studio City neighborhood of Los Angeles in 2018. In August 2020, they listed it for $3.695 million. The house has a gourmet kitchen, a movie theater, a spa bathroom, a swimming pool, and five bedrooms and 5.5 bathrooms.
Teyana Taylor has been involved in various charitable activities and philanthropic endeavors throughout her career. Here are some examples of her past charitable efforts:
- Community Initiatives -Teyana Taylor has been known to engage with her local community in Harlem, New York, where she grew up. She has organized and participated in events to give back to the community, such as back-to-school drives and holiday giveaways for underprivileged children and families.
- Youth Empowerment -She has shown support for youth empowerment programs and initiatives, often using her platform to inspire and uplift young people. This includes speaking engagements and mentorship opportunities.
- Awareness Campaigns -Teyana Taylor has used her influence to raise awareness about important social and health issues. She has participated in campaigns related to issues such as breast cancer awareness, mental health, and social justice.
- Humanitarian Aid -In times of crisis or disaster, celebritieslike Teyana Taylor often step up to support relief efforts. This might include donating funds, supplies, or organizing fundraisers to assist those affected by natural disasters or other emergencies.
- Charity Concerts -Like many artists, Teyana Taylor has likely participated in charity concerts and events, where proceeds go to various charitable causes. These events provide an opportunity for fans to support important causes while enjoying live music.
- Philanthropic Collaborations -Teyana may have collaborated with other organizations and celebritiesto support specific charities or causes. Such partnerships can amplify the impact of charitable efforts.
For her choreography on Kanye West's "Fade" in 2017, Taylor was joined with Guapo, Matthew Pasterisa, Jae Blaze, and Fonzworth Bentley to share an MTV Video Music Award for Best Choreography. She received the Video Director of the Year award at the BET Awards and BET Hip Hop Awards in 2020. Teyana was also nominated for Best Female R&B/Pop Artist, BET Her Award, and Best Dance Performance at the 2019 and 2020 Soul Train Music Awards.
Iman Shumpert, a professional basketball player who has played for the New York Knicks, Cleveland Cavaliers, Sacramento Kings, Houston Rockets, and Brooklyn Nets, wed Teyana on October 1, 2016. On December 16, 2015, they had a girl named Junie, and on September 6, 2020, they received a daughter named Rue. Iman gave birth to both daughters at home. The duo have their own VH1 reality program in 2018 called "Teyana and Iman."
Teyana Taylor at a conference
- She gained fame as a teenager for her appearance on MTV's "My Super Sweet 16."
- Taylor is not only a singer but also a songwriter, actress, dancer, and model.
- Her debut single, "Google Me," was released in 2008.
- She signed her first recording contract with Pharrell Williams' Star Trak Entertainment at the age of 16.
- Teyana has collaborated with notable artists like Kanye West and Missy Elliott.
- Her music often blends R&B, hip-hop, and soul influences.
- Taylor's dance skills have earned her acclaim in the music industry.
- She made her acting debut in the movie "Stomp the Yard 2: Homecoming" in 2010.
- Teyana is married to former NBA player Iman Shumpert.
- The couple has a daughter named Junie, born in 2015.
- She is known for her distinctive fashion style and is considered a fashion icon.
- Taylor's appearance in Kanye West's "Fade" music video in 2016 went viral and made her a household name.
- She has released albums like "VII," "K.T.S.E.," and "The Album."
- Teyana Taylor continues to be a multi-talented and influential figure in the entertainment industry.
Teyana Taylor is an American singer, songwriter, actress, dancer, and model known for her contributions to the entertainment industry.
She gained fame through her appearance on MTV's reality show "My Super Sweet 16" and later solidified her career as a recording artist, actress, and dancer.
Yes, she has collaborated with notable artists such as Kanye West, Missy Elliott, and Chris Brown, among others.
In conclusion, Teyana Taylor is a multi-talented artist known for her versatility in the entertainment industry. From her early beginnings on MTV's "My Super Sweet 16" to her successful music career, acting roles, and influence in fashion, she has left a significant mark.
Her unique style, dance skills, and collaborations with renowned artists have solidified her status as a notable figure in the world of entertainment. She continues to be a dynamic and influential presence in the industry, and her career is likely to have evolved further since then. Teyana Taylor's journey serves as an inspiration for aspiring artists and showcases the power of talent, determination, and creativity in the entertainment world.