Terrence J is an American model, actor, and TV personality. Terrence J became well-known for co-hosting, with Rocsi, the BET music video countdown program "106 & Park" from 2006 until 2012. He then served as "E! News" co-anchor till 2015. Terrence J has acted in movies including "Burlesque," "Sparkle," "Think Like a Man" and "Think Like a Man Too," and "The Perfect Match." He made five appearances in the series "Kourtney and Khloe Take Miami" (starring Kourtney and Khloe Kardashian) between 2009 and 2019. In this article, we delve into the fascinating realm of Terrence J net worth, exploring the various facets of his career that have contributed to his financial prosperity.
|Date of Birth||Apr 21, 1982|
|Place of Birth||Queens|
|Profession||Presenter, Singer, Model, Rapper, Actor|
|Nationality||United States of America|
Jenkins was raised mostly in Rocky Mount, North Carolina, after being born in Queens, New York. He went at Rocky Mount's Northern Nash High. Jenkins worked as a DJ at WRSV Soul 92.1 at this period until he received his high school diploma.
He resided in Greensboro and attended North Carolina A&T State University throughout his collegiate years. He worked as a DJ for North Carolina A&T's radio station WNAA and as president of the student government association while attending North Carolina A&T State University. In addition, he was a DJ at Greensboro's 102 Jamz local radio station.
Jenkins was inducted into the Mu Psi chapter at North Carolina A&T State University in the spring of 2004. He is a member of the fraternity Omega Psi Phi. Following his 2004 graduation from North Carolina A&T State University with a degree in public communication, Jenkins was employed by Nascar in Daytona Beach, Florida, in their diversity office.
When Jenkins and Rocsi Diaz started co-hosting the BET music video countdown show "106 & Park" in 2006, they became well-known. Throughout its tenure, the hip hop and R&B video-focused program was the top-rated show on the network. In 2012, Jenkins and Rocsi quit "106 & Park" after six years.
Hosted by Pooch Hall and La La Anthony, their farewell show included prerecorded video greetings from celebritieslike Alicia Keys, Mary J. Blige, Mike Epps, Keke Palmer, Future, 2 Chainz, and Ne-Yo. Jenkins subsequently made a comeback in late 2014, costarring with A.J. Calloway and Bow Wow in the "106 & Park" finale special.
As the anchor of "106 & Park," Jenkins also made appearances on the E! reality series "Kourtney and Khloe Take Miami," which was a spinoff of "Keeping Up with the Kardashians." He also appeared on "The Game," a spinoff of "Girlfriends," on a regular basis. Following his departure from "106 & Park," Jenkins co-anchored "E! News" from 2013 to 2015.
He hosted the brief Fox dating game program "Coupled" after that employment. Jenkins later co-hosted the network's "Miss USA 2016" and "Miss USA 2017" shows. He returned to host seasons seven and eight of the reality dating show "Are You the One?" on MTV in 2017, having hosted the show's sixth season the previous year. A recurring part in the anthology horror series "Scream: Resurrection" was one of Jenkins's television credits. In 2019, he also presented "Power Confidential."
In addition to his television career, Jenkins has appeared in many motion pictures. In the romantic comedy "The Heart Specialist," which had its Boston Film Festival premiere in 2006, he made his feature film debut. He made appearances in the direct-to-video dance drama sequel "Stomp the Yard: Homecoming" and the backstage musical "Burlesque" four years later.
Jenkins starred in the romantic comedies "Think Like a Man" and "Sparkle" in 2012. He appeared in the latter as Michael Hanover, often referred to as "The Mama's Boy." In 2014, Jenkins returned to the role of "Think Like a Man Too." Jenkins has more cinematic credits that include roles in the rom-com "Baggage Claim" and the 3D dance movie "Battle of the Year."
He appeared in a self-portrait in the 2015 big-screen adaption of the HBO television series "Entourage." The next year, Jenkins landed his largest movie part to date, as playboy Charlie "Mack" McIntyre in the romantic comedy "The Perfect Match." Alongside Cassie Ventura, he featured alongside Donald Faison, Dascha Polanco, Robert Christopher Riley, and Joe Pantoliano in the ensemble. Jenkins had appearances in the 2019 films "Same Difference" and "CIROC: What Men Want."
Terrence J wearing a black jacket
Terrence J.'s projected net worth as of 2023 is $12 million. His prosperous career in television, acting, and hosting is the main source of his fortune. Terrence J has amassed remarkable wealth as a consequence of his skill and diligence in securing profitable chances.
The actor had a gorgeous black McLaren sports vehicle that was originally valued at $200K. He crashed it into a tree and seriously damaged it. Even though we are unaware of them, he most likely possesses other vehicles.
Terrence J paid $2.6 million for a home in Los Angeles' Sherman Oaks area in 2015. The real estate paperwork from May 2021 say that he was seeking a tenant at a monthly cost of forty-five grand. He then paid $1.35 million for a second home in La Quinta, California, early in 2021.
Terrence J has dabbled in business ventures as well. Jenkins Entertainment Group, a production business specializing in the development and production of motion picture and television productions, was cofounded by him. In addition to increasing his wealth, this business venture gives him more creative control over his output.
Terrence J wearing a blue suit
Terrence J has made a notable transition from his initial success in hosting to a successful career in acting, appearing in various movies that showcase his talent and versatility. Here are some movies in which Terrence J has played significant roles:
Charlie is a playboy who believes that interpersonal bonds are obsolete. He was bet by his two closest friends, Rick and Victor, that he would undoubtedly get connected to a lady after dating her for a month. Charlie disputes this up until he meets the alluring and enigmatic Eva. Even though they decide to have a casual affair, Charlie gradually starts to wonder whether he may desire more.
|Domestic Box Office ||$9,669,521 |
|International Box Office ||$512,529 |
|Worldwide Box Office ||$10,182,050 |
The original cast of the show is back together in Entourage, and he and his buddies are back in business with super agent Ari Gold, who is now the CEO of the studio. Though some of their goals have shifted, their friendship endures as they make their way through the erratic and sometimes ruthless Hollywood industry.
|Domestic Box Office ||$32,363,404 |
|International Box Office ||$14,075,134 |
|Worldwide Box Office ||$46,438,538 |
Every couple is returning for a Las Vegas wedding. Plans for a romantic weekend, however, go astray when their many mishaps put them in awkward positions that might ruin the big occasion.
|Domestic Box Office ||$65,028,687 |
|International Box Office||$4,999,246 |
|Worldwide Box Office||$70,027,933 |
As flight attendant Montana Moore tries to get engaged before her younger sister's wedding, she covers over 30,000 miles and has several hilarious interactions.
|Domestic Box Office ||$21,569,509 |
|International Box Office||$1,316,327 |
|Worldwide Box Office||$22,885,836 |
Think Like a Man, which is based on Steve Harvey's best-selling book, tells the story of four interrelated and distinct men whose romantic relationships are upended when the women they are interested in purchase Harvey's book and begin to heed his advise.
The group of brothers plans to use the insider knowledge in the book to turn the tables and give the ladies a lesson of their own after realizing that one of their own has betrayed them.
|Domestic Box Office ||$91,547,205 |
|International Box Office||$21,826,559 |
|Worldwide Box Office||$113,373,764 |
After moving to Los Angeles, a girl from a rural village works as a waiter at a burlesque club. She chooses to pursue a career in dancing, befriends a dancer, and eventually becomes a competitor to another. There is drama, which is soon followed by inspiring victory.
|Domestic Box Office ||$39,440,655 |
|International Box Office||$51,112,020 |
|Worldwide Box Office||$90,552,675 |
- Education Initiatives -Terrence J has expressed support for education initiatives. He has been involved in programs or campaigns aimed at improving educational opportunities, particularly for underserved communities.
- Youth Empowerment -Like many other celebrities, Terrence J has shown an interest in empowering young people. This could involve supporting programs that encourage mentorship, leadership development, or other initiatives focused on the well-being of youth.
- Community Engagement -Terrence J has been known to participate in community-based initiatives and events. This may include activities aimed at addressing various social issues or supporting local communities.
- Health Advocacy -Some celebrities choose to advocate for health-related causes. Terrence J might have been involved in campaigns or programs that promote health awareness or support research for specific health issues.
- Philanthropic Partnerships -Terrence J may have established partnerships with charitable organizations or foundations to contribute to various causes. This could involve fundraising efforts or direct involvement in projects.
Jenkins formerly dated Selita Ebanks and Nicole Bilderback. After that, he had a long-term romance with model Jasmine Sanders. Mikalah Sultan was the next model he dated. Jenkins lives in the Los Angeles neighborhood of Sherman Oaks.
Over the years, Jenkins has encountered numerous difficult situations. He is said to have left the scene of a hit-and-run incident in 2018 after his McLaren sports vehicle was wrecked. Later, in 2021, thieves who followed him home early in the morning pursued and fired at him.
Terrence J wearing a white t-shirt
- Before his rise to fame, Terrence J worked at a radio station in North Carolina, where he initially honed his hosting skills.
- He attended North Carolina A&T State University, where he earned a degree in mass communication.
- Terrence J's breakthrough came when he became the co-host of BET's "106 & Park" in 2006, alongside Rocsi Diaz.
- In addition to hosting, Terrence J pursued an acting career and played roles in films such as "Think Like a Man" and "Think Like a Man Too."
- Terrence J served as the co-anchor of E! News from 2012 to 2015, showcasing his versatility in the realm of entertainment journalism.
- His charisma and talent have earned him numerous accolades, including three nominations for the NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actor in a Comedy Series.
- Terrence J is not only a TV personality and actor but has also delved into producing, showcasing his multifaceted skills behind the scenes.
- He has a significant presence on social media, with a large following that he engages with through updates on his professional ventures and glimpses into his personal life.
- Terrence J has been associated with various charitable initiatives and events, demonstrating his commitment to philanthropy.
- Outside of the entertainment industry, Terrence J has been involved in entrepreneurship, showcasing his business acumen.
- In 2017, Terrence J became the host of the dating show "Coupled," adding another hosting credit to his impressive resume.
- He has been featured in several magazines, highlighting his influence and impact on the entertainment and fashion scenes.
- Terrence J's journey from a radio station in North Carolina to becoming a household name reflects his determination and passion for the entertainment industry.
- Despite his success, Terrence J remains grounded, often expressing gratitude for his experiences and the opportunities that have come his way.
As co-host of BET's 106 & Park, Terrence J became well-known for showcasing his hosting skills and gaining a sizable fan base.
Although Terrence J has not received any significant recognition, he has been nominated for several honors, such as the BET and NAACP Image honors.
Although no particular planned projects have been disclosed as of yet, Terrence J is well-known for his ongoing participation in a variety of endeavors.
In conclusion, Terrence J stands as a multifaceted and dynamic figure in the entertainment industry, seamlessly transitioning from his roots as a charismatic television host to a successful career in acting and production. His journey from a radio station in North Carolina to the vibrant stages of "106 & Park" and Hollywood reflects not only his talent but also his resilience and determination.
Terrence J's filmography showcases his versatility, with roles in movies ranging from dance dramas to romantic comedies. His ability to captivate audiences on screen is a testament to his adaptability and the depth of his skills as an entertainer.
Beyond the glitz of the red carpet, Terrence J has demonstrated a commitment to philanthropy and community engagement, aligning himself with charitable causes and using his platform to make a positive impact. His lifestyle, marked by a busy schedule of professional engagements, social media presence, and a commitment to wellness, reflects the demands and rewards of a thriving career in the entertainment industry.