Richard George 'Ricky' Whittle, a British actor and model, was born on November 23, 1981, with the horoscope sign of the Sagittarius in Oldham, Greater Manchester, England. Although he has been in 16 films and TV shows, he is likely best recognized for his part as Captain East in the 2013 romantic comedy "Austenland," written and directed by Jerusha Hess and starring Jennifer Coolidge, JJ Field, and Keri Russell.
The film, which was nominated for a Grand Jury Prize at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival, centers on a lady who is infatuated with the 1995 film "Pride and Prejudice" and who travels to a Jane Austen theme park in search of the ideal partner. Keep scrolling to know more about Ricky Whittle net worth.
|Date Of Birth||31st December 1981 |
|Place Of Birth||Oldham, England |
|Net Worth||$15 million|Ricky Whittle wearing a pink t-shirt
Ricky and his two younger brothers were mostly reared in Oldham by his British mother Maggie (née Goodwin) and Jamaican father Harry, who periodically relocated the family due to Harry's job with the Royal Air Force. Ricky was tormented at his primary school in Northern Ireland because he was the only black student there.
He subsequently attended a secondary school in England before enrolling at Southampton Solent institution in 2000. While there, he mostly played soccer and served as the team captain for the institution. Ricky started out modeling to pay for collegebut left in 2003 to seek a career in the film business.
Although Ricky seldom discusses his relationships in the media, his admirers are nonetheless aware of two ladies he has dated. He dated British singer and actress Carley Stenson from 2007 to 2009; they first met on the "Hollyoaks" set. Carley has only been in seven films and TV shows, and she is arguably most recognized for her 313 episodes of the series stated above in which she played Steph Cunningham.
Ricky dated American actress and model Kirstina Colonna from 2016 until 2018. Although none of them has officially stated it, it is commonly thought that the two were engaged to be married. As of January 2023, Ricky doesn't seem to be married, divorced, or the father of any children.
When he was cast as Ryan Naysmith in the sixth season of "Dream Team" in 2002, Ricky Whittle began his career as an actor. It is a fictional football team that is the focus of the British TV show. Ricky left the institution shortly after to concentrate on his acting career. Ricky resumed playing football in "Dream Team" with Ryan Naysmith.
Ricky took a long layoff when he sustained a leg injury while playing in a charity football game. He quickly returned to acting as the role of a lady's man once the "Dream Team" narrative was developed. He continued to work for "Dream Team" till May 2006, the ninth season.
In the year 2004, Ricky appeared as David Richards in the BBC One premiere of the British medical drama "Holby City"'s episode "You Can Choose Your Friends." After two years, Ricky appeared as police officer Calvin Valentine in the Channel 4 debut of the renowned British serial drama "Hollyoaks" in 2006.
Beginning on July 17, 2006, Whittle continued to appear on the program until February 16, 2011, appearing in a total of 238 episodes. Ricky relocated to Los Angeles in 2011 to work in the American film industry. Ken Jacobson, a LA talent manager, finally hired him. Additionally, he assisted Ricky in securing the part of Captain George East in the television series "Austenland".
Then, in the summer of 2012, he returned to England to begin shooting for the program. He was cast as Charles in 8 episodes of the American TV series "Single Ladies" the same year. The actor then appeared as Lincoln in the "Detour" episode of the police drama "NCIS," which aired on February 26, 2013. Ricky received the roles of Daniel Zamora in the ABC drama "Mistresses" and Lincoln in the television series "The 100" in 2014. Ricky returned to participating in both shows until 2016.
Ricky Whittle has been putting in a lot of effort since he was a young child to carve out a successful career in the entertainment business. Currently, Ricky Whittle is quite well-known and has a substantial amount of wealth. Ricky Whittle is said to have a net worth of around $15 million.
When it comes to social media, Ricky Whittle has been quite active there for a while. Ricky Whittle has amassed thousands of fans on many social media platforms. Ricky Whittle has 1.1 million followers on Instagram. Similar to this, as of July 2021, Ricky Whittle already has 397.5 thousand followers on Twitter. Additionally, the British actor has a Facebook profile with a sizable fan base. But it seems that Ricky Whittle has stopped using Facebook.
Ricky has said that he loves beach weddings, particularly those that have "a sunset ceremony with fire lanterns and beautiful sky." He often works out many times every day due to his addiction to the gym. Ricky said he would undoubtedly gain weight if he moved from England to the United States because he despises American culture.
Over 850 photos and videos have been posted by Ricky on Instagram, where he has a following of over a million users. Some of his favorite films are "Dear John," "Dog," and "The Lost City," and his favorite stars are Channing Tatum and Will Smith.
Ricky Whittle has demonstrated a commendable commitment to philanthropic endeavors throughout his career. He actively supports various charitable causes and uses his platform to raise awareness and make a positive impact. Here are some examples of Ricky Whittle's involvement in philanthropy:
- Mental Health Advocacy - Whittle has been a vocal advocate for mental health awareness. He has spoken openly about his personal struggles with depression, aiming to break down stigmas and encourage conversations surrounding mental well-being. Through interviews and social media, he shares messages of support and resources for those in need.
- Charitable Events and Campaigns- Whittle has participated in and supported numerous charitable events and campaigns. He has been involved with organizations such as Stand Up To Cancer and Save the Children, lending his voice and presence to raise funds and awareness for important causes.
- Humanitarian Work- Whittle has engaged in humanitarian efforts, displaying his compassion for global issues. He has shown support for initiatives addressing poverty, education, and health challenges faced by marginalized communities worldwide. His efforts aim to make a positive difference in the lives of those in need.
- Fan Engagement for Charity - Whittle actively involves his fans in philanthropy by collaborating with them on fundraising campaigns. Through auctions, meet-and-greets, and fan interactions, he encourages his fan base to contribute to charitable causes, amplifying their collective impact.
- Social Media Activism- Whittle uses his social media platforms to promote awareness and support various charitable initiatives. He shares information about campaigns, events, and organizations, encouraging his followers to get involved and make a difference in their own communities.
- Before pursuing a career in acting, Whittle worked as a successful model and was signed with prestigious modeling agencies.
- He gained significant recognition for his role as Calvin Valentine in the popular British soap opera "Hollyoaks," which he portrayed from 2006 to 2011.
- Whittle is an accomplished athlete and has competed in various sports, including football (soccer) and rugby. He was a semi-professional football player for several years.
- In 2009, he was a contestant on the reality show "Strictly Come Dancing," where he showcased his dancing skills and finished in second place.
- Whittle's breakthrough role in the United States came with his portrayal of Lincoln in the hit post-apocalyptic TV series "The 100," which aired from 2014 to 2020.
- He is a fan of comic books and graphic novels and has expressed interest in playing superhero characters in the future.
- Whittle is a talented artist and enjoys drawing in his spare time. He often shares his artwork on social media.
- He is an advocate for mental health awareness and has spoken openly about his own struggles with depression, encouraging others to seek help and support.
- Whittle is actively involved in charity work and has supported organizations such as Save the Children and Stand Up To Cancer.
- He has a passion for travel and enjoys exploring new destinations. His modeling career allowed him to travel extensively and experience different cultures.
- Whittle is multilingual and can speak fluent Portuguese, which he learned while living in Brazil during his modeling career.
- He has expressed a love for adventure sports and outdoor activities, such as rock climbing, hiking, and surfing.
- Whittle is an animal lover and has a pet dog named Marshall, whom he often features in his social media posts.
- Despite his rising fame, Whittle remains grounded and appreciative of his fans. He actively engages with them on social media platforms and attends fan conventions to meet and interact with his supporters.
Ricky Whittle initially gained recognition as a successful model before transitioning into acting. His modeling career helped him build connections within the industry and paved the way for his entry into the entertainment world.
Ricky Whittle gained international fame for his role as Lincoln in the hit American television series "The 100." His portrayal of the noble and courageous character earned him critical acclaim and a dedicated fan base.
Yes, Ricky Whittle has appeared in films as well. He played the role of Jamal in the sports drama "Austin & Ally" in 2011 and starred alongside Johnny Depp in the crime drama "The Professor" in 2019.
Ricky Whittle participated in the reality competition show "Strictly Come Dancing" in 2016, where he showcased his dancing skills and finished as the runner-up.
Ricky Whittle is a strong advocate for mental health awareness and has spoken openly about his own struggles with depression. He encourages others to seek help and support, and actively supports mental health organizations.
Ricky Whittle's journey in the entertainment industry is a testament to his talent, versatility, and unwavering determination. From his beginnings as a successful model to his breakthrough roles on television, Whittle has captured the hearts of audiences worldwide. His portrayal of characters like Calvin Valentine in "Hollyoaks" and Lincoln in "The 100" showcased his acting prowess and garnered critical acclaim.
Beyond his acting skills, Whittle's charisma, athleticism, and artistic abilities have contributed to his wide-ranging appeal. His participation in the reality competition show "Strictly Come Dancing" and his active engagement on social media have further endeared him to fans.
Whittle's success has not only brought him fame but also allowed him to give back to causes close to his heart. His support for mental health awareness and involvement in charitable endeavors demonstrate his commitment to making a positive impact beyond the entertainment world.
As Ricky Whittle continues to take on new projects and explore different facets of his talent, it is evident that his star will continue to rise. With his down-to-earth nature and appreciation for his fans, Whittle remains a relatable and admired figure in the industry.