Beginning his professional career as a model, Richard Grieco appeared in commercials for brands including Calvin Klein, Armani, and Chanel. His professional acting debut came in the middle of the 1980s with a part on the serial opera "One Life to Live" after he started taking acting courses on the side.
He appeared on the program for two seasons before getting the part that would make him famous Detective Dennis Booker in the "21 Jump Street" series. He spent one season with "21 Jump Street" before making an appearance in the first season of the "Booker" spin-off. He made the switch to acting in the movie "If Looks Could Kill" in the early 1990s. He has since alternated between acting in films and television. Keep scrolling to learn more about Richard Grieco net worth.
|Date Of Birth||Mar 23, 1965|
|Place Of Birth||Watertown|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Profession||Singer, Model, Actor, Television producer|
|Net Worth||$4 Million|Richard Grieco was born on March 23, 1965, to Richard and Carolyn Grieco in Watertown, New York. His family, which is Italian and Irish, raised him. Although he was always interested in the arts and entertainment, he didn't start his career until he was in his early 20s since he initially went to Connecticut State University for collegeand played football.
For the first several years of his career, Grieco modeled for well-known fashion brands including Armani, Calvin Klein, and Chanel. He was cast in "One Life to Live," a well-known daytime soap drama, in 1985. He performed the role of Rick Gardner and stayed with the program until 1987.
He was cast as Detective Dennis Booker in the 1988 television series "21 Jump Street." Later, he made an appearance as the same character in its spinoff program, "Booker." Grieco made his acting debut in the 1991 film "If Looks Could Kill," where he played Michael Corben. He played Benjamin "Bugsy" Siegel in the motion picture "Mobsters" that same year.
He had three movie appearances in 1993: "Born to Run," "Tomcat: Dangerous Desires," and "Nick's Game." He continued to be in high demand in 1994, landing parts in the films "Sin and Redemption" and "Bolt" as well as a role in the television series "Gargoyles."
He would continue to make appearances in "Gargoyles" as Anthony "Tony" Dracon until 1996. He had four film appearances in 1995 while he was still on the program, including "A Vow to Kill," "The Demolitionist," "Suspicious Agenda," and "It Was Him or Us." He made an appearance on "Marker" in 1996 and provided a character's voice for "The Marvel Action Hour: The Fantastic Four." He was cast in the movies "Inhumanoid" and "Heaven or Vegas" the same year as well.
In the following year, he had appearances in "When Time Expires," "Against the Law," "The Journey: Absolution," and "Mutual Needs." Grieco spent the majority of the second half of the 1990s and the early 2000s acting in motion pictures.
In movies such as "A Night at the Roxbury," "Captive," "Ultimate Deception," "The Apostate," "Sweet Revenge," "Final Payback," "Manhattan Midnight," and "Death, Deceit, and Destiny Aboard the Orient Express," he had important parts. Additionally, he received parts in the films "Fish Don't Blink," "Evil Breed: The Legend of Samhaim," "Webs," and "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang."
Richard Grieco wearing a crucifix around his neck
Richard Grieco is well-known for his role as Detective Dennis Booker in the popular television series "21 Jump Street." The show originally aired from 1987 to 1991 and was created by Patrick Hasburgh and Stephen J. Cannell. It followed a group of young-looking police officers who worked undercover as students to investigate crimes in high schools and other youth environments.
Richard Grieco joined the cast during the third season as Officer Dennis Booker, a charismatic and street-smart cop with a troubled past. He was assigned to the Jump Street program, which was a division of the police force aimed at combating juvenile crimes. Booker's character was a bit of a rebel and often clashed with his superiors and colleagues, which added an interesting dynamic to the show.
Grieco's portrayal of Detective Dennis Booker was well-received by audiences, and his good looks and charm contributed to his popularity as a teen heartthrob during the late 1980s and early 1990s. His character became so popular that he was given his own spin-off series titled "Booker," which aired from 1989 to 1990.
In 2012, Richard Grieco reprised his role as Detective Dennis Booker in the movie adaptation of "21 Jump Street," which was a comedy-action film starring Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum. The film offered a humorous take on the original TV series and served as a sort of continuation of the story, with Grieco making a brief but memorable appearance in the film.
Overall, Richard Grieco's portrayal of Detective Dennis Booker in "21 Jump Street" contributed significantly to the show's success and left a lasting impact on both fans and pop culture.
Richard Grieco is not only an actor but also a musician. He released his debut music album titled "Waiting for the Sky to Fall" in 1995. The album showcased his musical talents as a singer and songwriter.
"Waiting for the Sky to Fall" featured Grieco's rock-influenced music, and he contributed vocals to the songs on the album. While the album wasn't a massive commercial success, it allowed him to explore his passion for music and express his creativity in another art form.
As a musician, Grieco has also made appearances in music videos for various artists, including Paula Abdul's "Rush Rush" and Mariah Carey's "Someday." These appearances allowed him to collaborate with established musicians and gain further exposure in the music industry.
While his music career might not be as well-known as his acting roles, Richard Grieco's foray into music demonstrates his versatility as an artist, exploring different avenues of expression beyond his work in television and film.
Grieco has had romantic relationships with many well-known ladies during the course of his career. He dated Kimber Sissons and Christina Applegate in the 1980s. He dated Lynette Walden, Terry Farrell, Adeline Blondieau, Katie Wagner, and Adeline Blondeau in the 1990s. Throughout the early 2000s and until 2007 he was in a committed relationship with Stephanie Niknik.
Kimber Sissons, a former girlfriend of actor and model Richard Grieco, is the mother of their kid. Dylan Justice Sissons, his lone child, was born in 1999. Grieco is a dedicated golfer these days.
American actor and former model Richard Grieco had a good career in the entertainment business, although he hasn't garnered many nominations or awards for it. Nevertheless, the following are some noteworthy accomplishments and awards he has won during the course of his career:
- In 1990, Grieco was named one of People Magazine's "50 Most Beautiful People in the World."
- He won a Razzie Award for Worst New Star for his role in the film "If Looks Could Kill" (1991).
- Grieco's music has been well received by critics and fans alike, and his album "Waiting for the Sky to Fall" reached #1 on the Billboard Heatseekers chart.
- In 2014, Grieco's painting titled "Untitled" was displayed at the Art Basel Miami Beach exhibition.
Richard Grieco's net worth is projected to be about $4 million as of 2023. He acquired his money as a result of his successful acting and singing careers. He has recorded many albums and made several film and television appearances. Additionally, he has received compensation for his services as a director and producer.
Richard purchased a house on renowned Mulholland Drive in the Hollywood Hills for $1.3 million in September 2002. In May 2016, he sold this house for $3.625 million.
Richard Grieco wearing a leather jacket
- Richard Grieco is not just an actor; he is also a talented painter, musician, and writer, showcasing his creativity in various forms of art.
- Before pursuing acting, Grieco started his career as a successful fashion model, working with prestigious brands and appearing in numerous magazines.
- One of his most notable film roles was in the action-comedy movie "If Looks Could Kill" (1991), where he played the lead role of Michael Corben, a high school student mistaken for a spy.
- In 1995, Richard Grieco released his debut music album titled "Waiting for the Sky to Fall," displaying his musical talents as a singer.
- He has held art exhibitions featuring his paintings, showcasing another aspect of his creativity and passion for visual arts.
- After "21 Jump Street," Grieco starred in the spin-off series "Booker," where he continued to portray Detective Dennis Booker in the lead role.
- In 2012, Grieco reprised his role as Detective Dennis Booker in the revival of "21 Jump Street," starring alongside Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum.
- Grieco is skilled in martial arts, particularly in Kenpo, which he learned before his acting career took off.
- He appeared in the 1991 crime drama film "Mobsters," where he portrayed the legendary gangster Bugsy Siegel.
- Richard Grieco authored the book "22 Jump Street: The Junior Novel" in 2014, adding authorship to his diverse list of accomplishments.
- He made appearances in music videos for several artists, including Paula Abdul's "Rush Rush" and Mariah Carey's "Someday."
- Grieco appeared on the reality TV show "It's a Reality" in 2003, which documented his life as an artist.
- Standing tall at 6 feet 1 inch (185 cm), Richard Grieco's height adds to his presence and charisma on screen.
- Due to his martial arts skills, he was cast in action films such as "A Night at the Roxbury" (1998) and "Point Doom" (2000).
- Grieco actively engages with fans and shares updates about his projects and artwork on social media platforms like Twitter and Instagram.
Richard Grieco is best known for his role as Detective Dennis Booker in the television series "21 Jump Street."
Richard Grieco played the lead role of Michael Corben in the action-comedy movie "If Looks Could Kill" (1991).
Richard Grieco is a multitalented artist with skills in painting, music, and writing.
Yes, Richard Grieco reprised his role as Detective Dennis Booker in the revival of "21 Jump Street" in 2012, starring alongside Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum.
In conclusion, Richard Grieco is a multi-talented artist known for his work as an actor, fashion model, painter, musician, and writer. He gained fame through his role as Detective Dennis Booker in the television series "21 Jump Street" and its spin-off "Booker."
Grieco's career has extended beyond acting, as he has released a music album and held art exhibitions showcasing his diverse artistic abilities. With a background in martial arts and a successful modeling career, Grieco has made a notable impact on various entertainment industries. Despite maintaining a relatively private personal life, he continues to engage with fans through social media, sharing updates about his projects and artwork.