On this page, you can find information on Michael Strahan net worth, biography, age, wife, height, and weight, among many other things. Former NFL player, television personality, and journalist Michael Strahan has a $70 million net worth. In America, Michael Strahan is a very popular and prosperous celebrity. Former American football player Strahan has achieved significant success throughout his career.
He is now employed as a journalist and television personality. The National Football League has seen Strahan play for 15 seasons, and his career has seen remarkable success. He had a reputation for being the league's best pass rusher. He also owns a number of other records, including the most quarterback sacks in a season. His record and T. J. Watt are tied. He has played with the New York Giants his whole career.
|Date Of Birth||Nov 21, 1971|
|Place Of Birth||Houston|
|Profession||American football player, Actor, Presenter, Film Producer|
|Nationality||American|Michael Strahan at an interview On November 21, 1971, Michael AnthonyStrahan was born in Houston, Texas. Louise and Gene Willie Strahan have six children, with him being the youngest. When Strahan was nine years old, his family relocated to the army post in West Germany's Mannheim. At the U.S. Department of Defense Dependent High School in Germany known as Mannheim American High School, he participated in organized football. His father moved him back to Houston to live with his uncle Art, a former NFL player, over the summer between his junior and senior years of high school so he could play football during the autumn semester. Strahan was able to get a football scholarship from Texas Southern University because to this action. When he was in college, Strahan played football for Texas Southern. He was an end on defense. In his junior year, Strahan gained recognition as an NFL potential.
He was chosen for the All-America first team as a senior by four publications, including the Associated Press. A lot of publications also named him the Division I-AA Defensive Player of the Year. He was selected to the Southwestern Athletic Conference First Team during his senior year in the 1992–1993 academic year. He also won the SWAC Player of the Year award twice in a row and the Black College Defensive Player of the Year awards.
For 14 seasons, Michael Strahan was a defensive end for the New York Giants. In the second round of the 1993 NFL Draft, the Giants picked him with the forty-first overall choice. Michael afterwards had a very successful professional career. He was a member of the 2007 Giants, who won the Super Bowl, and has been selected to the Pro Bowl seven times.
In addition to becoming the 2001 NFL Defensive Player of the Year and a two-time NFC champion, he owns the record for the most sacks in a single season. 2007 saw his departure from the NFL. He was selected for the NFL 2000s All-Decade Team and was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2014. He is also a member of the New York Giants Ring of Honor.
Since leaving the NFL, Strahan has hosted the program Pros vs. Joes and has been a guest commentator on Fox NFL Sunday. In 2008, Strahan served as the presenter of the DIY Network home renovation show Backyard Stadiums, in which he collaborated with a group of landscapers and builders to set up sports fields and goals in backyards. Strahan was chosen in 2012 to take Regis Philbin's position as the co-host of the newly renamed "Live! with Kelly and Michael."
After winning two Daytime Emmy Awards for Live! in 2016, Strahan departed from the program. He departed to take a full-time hosting position at "Good Morning America." In 2016, he started presenting the television game show "The $100,000 Pyramid." The book "Wake Up Happy: The Dream Big, Win Big Guide to Transforming Your Life" was written by him in 2015.
Here are some of the best highlights of Michael Strahan’s career:
- AP NFL Defensive Player of the Year (2001)
- Pro Football Hall of Fame (2014)
Michael Strahan wearing a blue suit
In 1992, Michael Strahan wed Wanda Hutchins. Tanita Strahan, a daughter, and Michael Anthony Strahan, Jr., a boy, are their children. They split up in 1996. After meeting Jean Muggli in a spa, Strahan married her in 1999. Isabella and Sophia, their identical daughters, were born in December 2004.
On July 20, 2006, Strahan and Muggli's contentious divorce was finally settled. Michael was reportedly valued $22 million at the time, according to divorce court documents. After everything was said and done, a court mandated that Michael pay Jean $15.3 million AND $18,000 a month in child support until their children turn 18. Nicole Mitchell Murphy, Eddie Murphy's ex-wife, and Strahan became engaged in August 2009; however, their engagement ended in 2014.
He has been seeing Kayla Quick since 2015. Aboard the Blue Origin NS-19 in December 2021, Strahan set a new record for height in space at 6 feet 5 inches. Strahan received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2023. Michael Strahan reportedly received an SSC Tuatara Striker in gloss silver with carbon accents and red pinstripes in May 2023, according to a report. The $1.9 million high-performance hypercar produces 1,350 horsepower and 984 lb-ft of torque.
Michael Strahan has been actively involved in charity and philanthropic endeavors. He has used his fame and resources to support various charitable causes and make a positive impact on his community and beyond. Some of the charitable activities and causes associated with Michael Strahan include:
- St. Jude Children's Research Hospital -Strahan has been a supporter of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, an institution dedicated to treating and curing pediatric catastrophic diseases. He has participated in fundraising events and campaigns to raise awareness and funds for the hospital's work.
- After-School Programs -Strahan has been involved in initiatives aimed at providing after-school programs and educational opportunities for underprivileged children. He understands the importance of education and has worked to ensure that young people have access to valuable resources.
- Military Support -Michael Strahan has shown support for the military and veterans. He has participated in events and initiatives that honor and provide assistance to servicemen and servicewomen and their families.
- Disaster Relief -Like many philanthropists, Strahan has contributed to disaster relief efforts in the wake of natural disasters, providing financial assistance and support to communities affected by hurricanes, wildfires, and other emergencies.
- Health Initiatives -Strahan has been an advocate for health and wellness, and he has supported organizations and campaigns focused on raising awareness about health issues and encouraging healthier lifestyles.
- Youth Empowerment -He has been involved in programs and organizations that aim to empower young people, particularly those facing adversity, to reach their full potential through mentorship and educational opportunities.
- Community Engagement -Strahan has engaged with his local community in various ways, including participating in community events and supporting local charities and initiatives.
A former American football player with a net worth of $65 million, Michael Strahan also works as a sports commentator and talk show presenter. For 14 seasons, Michael Strahan was a defensive end for the New York Giants. Strahan co-hosts ABC's "Good Morning America" and is a football commentator on "Fox NFL Sunday."
|New York Giants (2007-08)||$4.5 Million|
|New York Giants (2006-07)||$5 Million|
|New York Giants (2005-06)||$5.3 Million|
|New York Giants (2004-05)||$4.4 Million|
|New York Giants (2003-04)||$2.1 Million|
|New York Giants (2002-03)||$20.6 Million|
|New York Giants (2001-02)||$8.8 Million|
|New York Giants (2000-01)||$7.6 Million|
Michael generally makes around $17 million year from his many hosting gigs and sponsorship agreements. Michael made just over $76.3 million in pay alone throughout the course of his NFL career. The NFL season in 2002-2003, when the Giants paid him $20.6 million, was his highest-earning year. 2015 saw the debut of Strahan's menswear collection, which included suits, collared shirts, ties, belts, and other accessories.
The Montclair, New Jersey, couple's $3.6 million property was ordered by the court to be sold at auction as part of his divorce proceedings from Jean Muggli in 2007. Strahan spent $1.665 million buying a lower Manhattan townhouse with two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and 1,911 square feet in August 2008.
In 2014, he sold it for $2.4 million. He sold two Hermosa Beach homes in 2012 for $1.8 million and $3 million, respectively. The next year, Strahan spent $7.9 million for a Bel Air house. A year later, he off-market sold the "outdated" probable tear-down for $11 million. In 2015, Strahan received $21.5 million for the sale of his property in the Brentwood section of Los Angeles.
The 15,600-square-foot house, which was built in 2013, is situated on a one-acre site with a 59-foot swimming pool, a sizable grass, and old trees. The three-story house has two laundry rooms, a home cinema, a wine cellar decorated in the manner of Prohibition with a drinking area, a gym, a gaming room, and a sauna.
There is a sitting room with a fireplace in the master wing. There are 14 baths and nine bedroom units. He paid $16 million for the house in 2013, while he was engaged to Nicole Mitchell Murphy. Strahan sold his Beverly Hills apartment in 2019 for $4.4 million.
Michael Strahan wearing a blue suit
Michael Strahan had a diverse and active lifestyle, reflecting his varied career and personal interests.
- Fitness and Health -Maintaining a fit and healthy lifestyle has always been important to Strahan. He has been an advocate for physical fitness and healthy living. His athletic background and fitness regimen were likely significant components of his lifestyle.
- Charity and Philanthropy - Like many public figures, Strahan was involved in charitable endeavors. He supported several charitable organizations and causes, including those related to children's health, education, and underprivileged communities.
- Family -Michael Strahan is a father of four children and has been open about the importance of family in his life. His lifestyle likely included spending quality time with his family when not working.
- Hobbies and Interests -Although his career was demanding, Strahan likely had hobbies and interests that he enjoyed during his downtime. These interests could include sports, travel, or any other activities he found personally fulfilling.
- Super Bowl Champion -Michael Strahan won Super Bowl XLII with the New York Giants in the 2007 NFL season.
- NFL Defensive Player of the Year -He was named the NFL Defensive Player of the Year for the 2001 season.
- Pro Bowl - Strahan was selected to the Pro Bowl seven times during his NFL career.
- First-Team All-Pro -He earned First-Team All-Pro honors five times during his career.
- NFL Records -Strahan held the NFL single-season sack record with 22.5 sacks in the 2001 season until it was broken in 2019.
- Daytime Emmy Awards -Michael Strahan received several Daytime Emmy Awards for his work as a co-host on "Live! with Kelly and Michael" and for his contributions to "Good Morning America."
- NAACP Image Awards -He was nominated for NAACP Image Awards for his work in television.
- Sports Emmy Awards -Strahan received Sports Emmy Awards for his work as a football analyst on Fox NFL Sunday.
- Kids' Choice Awards -He received nominations for the Kids' Choice Awards for his role in "Live! with Kelly and Michael."
- Michael Strahan is a former NFL defensive end and Super Bowl champion, known for his impressive football career with the New York Giants.
- He holds the NFL single-season sack record with 22.5 sacks in the 2001 season, a record that stood for many years.
- Strahan was named the NFL Defensive Player of the Year for the 2001 season.
- After retiring from football, he seamlessly transitioned to a successful career in television.
- He co-hosted the popular morning talk show "Live! with Kelly and Michael" alongside Kelly Ripa.
- Strahan is known for his infectious smile and charismatic on-screen presence, which made him a fan favorite.
- He has received multiple Daytime Emmy Awards for his work on morning television, showcasing his versatility.
- In addition to his hosting duties, Strahan has been a football analyst on Fox NFL Sunday, providing insights into the NFL.
- He is a fashion enthusiast and launched his own clothing line, Collection by Michael Strahan.
- Strahan is involved in various philanthropic endeavors, supporting causes like St. Jude Children's Research Hospital and after-school programs.
- He's also passionate about health and wellness, often advocating for healthier lifestyles.
- Strahan is a proud father of four children and has spoken about the importance of family in his life.
- His post-NFL fitness regimen has helped him maintain a strong and healthy physique.
- Strahan has a wax figure at Madame Tussauds New York, a testament to his status as a cultural icon.
- He's known for his towering height at 6 feet 5 inches (196 cm) and has become an influential figure in both sports and entertainment.
Michael Strahan earns an estimated salary of $6 Million + Per Year.
The Height of Michael Strahan is 1.96M.
Michael Strahan is currently divorced.
Former American football defensive end for the New York Giants for fourteen seasons, Michael Strahan is now a talk show presenter. Strahan then went on to have a very successful professional career. He was a member of the 2007 Giants, who won the Super Bowl, and has been selected to the Pro Bowl seven times.