A TV personality named Lara Spencer appears on the HGTV program "Flea Market Flip." She co-anchors the renowned ABC Newsprogram Good Morning America. Lara has a degree in journalism and has worked in the media business for a while.
She has also created a significant number of TV series on her own. The television host has participated in professional diving competitions. We will now look at Lara Spencer net worth, real estate, and other details.
|Date Of Birth||Jun 19, 1969 |
|Place Of Birth||Garden City|
|Nationality||United States of America|
|Profession||Journalist, Actor, Writer, Television producer, Screenwriter|
Spencer's parents, Richard Ernest and Carolyn von Seelen, welcomed him into the world on June 19, 1969 in Garden City, New York. She graduated from Garden City High School in 1987 after attending.
After graduating from high school, Seelen attended Pennsylvania State University where she competed in springboard and platform diving and earned an athletic scholarship. She was honored as an All American Athlete in 1991, her senior year. She also earned a bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism after graduating.
Lara Spencer presenting the news Spencer was accepted into the NBC page program after graduating from college, where she volunteered to work with other aspiring reporters to get crucial experience at the media behemoth. She quickly got a job at Chattanooga, Tennessee's WDEF-TV, a CBS affiliate. Spencer has referred to her initial position as a "one-man band," since she was in charge of reporting, producing, editing, taking pictures, and even driving the news van.
She was there for a year before joining News 12 Long Island. Spencer covered the TWA Flight 800 accident while anchoring WABC-TV's early-morning program at 3 a.m. two years later. The incident was Spencer's big break since it garnered her national exposure due to the importance of the news story. As a national journalist, Spencer joined "Good Morning America" in 1999.
Up until 2004, when she made the decision to pursue other endeavors, she stayed active as a reporter on the program. She was welcomed back to "Good Morning America" in 2011, nevertheless, and assumed the position of the newly appointed lifestyle anchor. She was given the opportunity to co-anchor the show in 2014 and shared the spotlight with Robin Roberts and George Stephanopoulos.
Spencer served as the anchor of the syndicated entertainment newsmagazine "The Insider" while taking a hiatus from "Good Morning America." From 2004 until 2011, she served in this position while continuing to routinely contribute to CBS's "The Early Show." She also presented "Antiques Roadshow" on PBS from 2004 to 2005. In 2005, she took up hosting duties for "Antiques Roadshow FYI," a spin-off.
In 2011, Spencer devised and oversaw production of the Cedric the Entertainer-hosted prime time game show "It's Worth What?" Spencer has also worked as a director. On NBC, the program aired throughout the summer of 2011. In addition, she has produced two more television programs focused on her passions for antiques and interior design. "I Brake for Yard Sales," a one-hour show, broadcast on HGTV in April 2012.
Also produced by her, "Flea Market Flip" is a Great American Country television series with a flea market theme. Spencer took over as co-host of the 87th Miss American pageant in New Jersey in 2013 from Brooke Burke-Charvet. She co-hosted the show with Chris Harrison, and she took on the same responsibilities the following year.
In 2017, she also served as the presenter of the limited series "People Icons." Spencer made the decision to leave her position as co-anchor of "Good Morning America" public in 2018 so that she could devote more time to DuffKat Media, her lifestyle production business.
She made some comments about Prince George of Cambridge taking dance lessons during one of her later visits, which some viewers saw as disrespectful. In August 2019, she was forced to publicly apologize and explain her statements. Spencer started serving as the host of "Everything But the House," a new HGTV program, in 2021.
Families or couples that need to declutter or arrange their disorganized houses are the main subject of the program. To assist the families in starting a new chapter in their life, appraisers including host Spencer collect possibly valuable objects from the house and auction them off. In 2022, the program received a second season's renewal.
Lara Spencer at a conference
Lara Spencer will be worth more than $10 million in 2023. Lara's employment as an ABC News TV presenter is her main source of income. She has also previously collaborated with several other networks and programs.
Her sporadic conferences and talk programs also contribute to this total. In addition, Lara is the show's executive producer. The TV personality has amassed fortune and fame thanks to the program, which is adored by viewers all over the globe. Lara receives a respectable royalties from her works as well. In 2012 and 2014, respectively, she released the books "I brake for Yard sales" and "Flea Market Fabulous." Lara utilizes a variety of social media websites. In 2023, she had 365k followers on Instagram.
Lara Spencer makes a substantial $3 million annually. She is a TV producer for HGTV and an ABC News news presenter. She is also a writer and a prominent figure on social media. Therefore, it is not odd that she nags for that amount each year.
Lara Spencer in her house with her pet dog friends
Lara Spencer was recently a guest on Rachel Ray's program. Lara conducted a tour of her opulent Connecticut home there. There, Lara lives with Richard and her two kids. Lara displays a statue of a dog at the entrance of the structure. Additionally, the home doubles as a news studio as of last year.
In the living area, the couple's choice of off-white hues is matched by the dark wood furnishings. Additionally, her home is filled with antique furniture that she acquired from flea markets. Numerous items are also on display at Lara's dining area. The dining table and chairs are flawlessly designed and are a snow-white tone
The hanging designer lights enhance the location's charm. Lara also takes great pride in her priceless Flea Market discoveries. And lastly, her basement displays a sizable collection of wines that are painted on the walls. When she revealed this area of her home, she was pretty delighted.
Spencer married CNN journalist David Haffenrefferin an Episcopal wedding at St. Andrew's Dune Church on September 30, 2000. Kate was born in 2004 and Duff was born in 2002, the couple's children. The family spent the most of their married life in Greenwich, Connecticut. The couple announced their separation in March of 2015, and their divorce was granted in June. Spencer made her engagement to New York-based software entrepreneurRichard McVey public in January 2018. A mutual acquaintance had set them up on a blind date, which is how the two had first connected. The financial technology firm MarketAxess was founded by McVey, who also serves as its CEO. On September 1, 2018, the couple was hitched in Vail, Colorado, at an outdoor ceremony.
Spencer likes to create and decorate his house. She published "I Brake for Yard Sales," a book in 2012 that offers advice on how to furnish cheap-looking spaces with high-end findings. Spencer started working for "Good Morning America" from home during the Covid-19 outbreak, giving many Americans a look inside her tastefully furnished Connecticut home.
Lara Spencer at an interview
Lara Spencer is actively involved in philanthropic work, supporting various charitable causes and initiatives.
- Breast Cancer Awareness -Lara Spencer has been a strong advocate for breast cancer awareness. She has participated in events and campaigns to raise awareness about this important health issue.
- Environmental Conservation -She is an advocate for sustainable living and environmental awareness. Lara has promoted green initiatives and encouraged eco-friendly practices.
- Children's Causes -As a mother herself, Lara has shown support for children's causes. She has been involved in initiatives that focus on improving the lives of children through education and healthcare.
- Disaster Relief -In the aftermath of natural disasters, Lara Spencer has used her platform to encourage donations and relief efforts for affected communities.
- Thrift and Vintage for a Cause -Given her passion for thrift shopping and antiques, she has used her interest in vintage items to support charitable endeavors. For example, she has organized events where the proceeds from the sale of vintage items go to charity.
Lara Spencer wearing a white dress
Lara modified her diet and exercise regimen in 2017 to improve her physique in incredible ways. She sometimes shows off her incredible figure on Instagram. The TV personality gained a little weight in 2017 as a result of her hectic job. She believed that in order to lose weight, she needed to get back in shape.
For a while, Lara followed a stringent fitness regimen and a balanced diet. She also increased her daily step count to 6,000 or more to boost her metabolism. The TV personality as a consequence shed around 35 pounds in a short period of time. Many watchers and followers were delighted by her change.
Lara Spencer wearing a blue dress
Lara Spencer has several hobbies and interests outside of her television career. Some of her hobbies and activities include:
- Interior Design -Lara is passionate about interior design and often incorporates her love for vintage and antique items into her home decor. She authored a book titled "I Brake for Yard Sales," which reflects her interest in design and thrifting.
- Yoga -She is a certified yoga instructor and is known to practice and teach yoga. Yoga helps her maintain physical and mental well-being.
- Thrift Shopping -As reflected in her book, Lara enjoys thrift shopping and hunting for unique and valuable items at garage sales, flea markets, and thrift stores.
- Outdoor Activities -Lara has shown an interest in outdoor activities, such as hiking and enjoying the natural beauty of various locations.
- Charity Work -She is actively involved in charitable causes and philanthropic work, supporting organizations and initiatives that make a positive impact on various social and environmental issues.
- Antiques -Lara has a keen interest in antiques and has even contributed to the TV series "Antiques Roadshow."
- Theater -Lara has a background in theater and has been involved in community theater productions.
- Lara Spencer was a competitive diver in her youth and even won national titles.
- She graduated from Pennsylvania State University with a degree in Broadcast Journalism.
- Lara began her broadcasting career as a reporter and anchor for various local TV stations.
- Before "Good Morning America," she co-hosted the syndicated newsmagazine show "The Insider."
- Spencer has a strong passion for interior design and authored a book called "I Brake for Yard Sales."
- Lara is a certified yoga instructor.
- She has a background in theater and performed in community theater productions.
- Spencer was a regular contributor to the TV series "Antiques Roadshow."
- Lara got her start in national television as a host on the game show "It's Worth What?" in 2011.
- She appeared as a contestant on the game show "Celebrity Jeopardy!" in 2006.
- Lara has three children with her ex-husband, David Haffenreffer.
- She is known for her philanthropic work, supporting various charitable causes.
- Spencer's antique collection has been featured in magazines and on TV shows.
- She was a competitive cheerleader in high school.
- Lara is an advocate for sustainable living and environmental awareness.
Lara Spencer stands at 5’10” in height. She is 1.78 m tall.
Lara Spencer left the GMA in 2018 to prioritize her production firm, Duffcat Media.
Lara Spencer began her broadcasting career as a reporter and anchor for local TV stations. She later co-hosted the syndicated newsmagazine show "The Insider" and gained prominence on "Good Morning America."
In conclusion, Lara Spencer is a multi-talented television personality known for her work on "Good Morning America." Beyond her broadcasting career, she leads a diverse and fulfilling life filled with a range of hobbies and interests. Her passions include interior design, yoga, thrift shopping, and a love for antiques. Lara is also an advocate for numerous charitable causes, from breast cancer awareness and environmental conservation to children's initiatives and disaster relief.
Through her philanthropic work, she has shown a strong commitment to making a positive impact on various social and environmental issues. Lara Spencer's rich and multifaceted life extends far beyond the television screen, reflecting her dedication to personal interests and her desire to contribute to a better world through her charitable endeavors.