Juliet Rylance Net Worth - How She Established Her Career In Hollywood
British actress Juliet Rylance is well known for her work on the television series The Knick and for her work in the BBC miniseries McMafia.
Juliet Rylance net worth is $1.5 million as of 2022. Continue reading to get to know her more!
Juliet van Kampen Rylance was born in Hammersmith, London, to Claire van Kampen, a composer, and Chris van Kampen, an architect, as Juliet van Kampen Rylance. Nataasha, her younger sister (who passed away in 2012), pursued a career in movies.
When she was seven years old, her parents split, and her mother later married actor Mark Rylance, whom she took as her stage surname. Her formal training took place at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art.
COPYRIGHT_PNW: Published on https://purenetworth.com/juliet-rylance-net-worth/ by - on 2022-08-05T18:05:18.281Z
Her mother, Claire van Kampen (Claire Louise van Kampen) was born on 9 November 1953 in Marylebone, London. She is also a director, composer, and writer of plays. In 2007, she shared the Sam Wanamaker Award with Mark Rylance. She has composed music for a number of popular stage productions, including Days and Nights and Boeing-Boeing.
She began her musical career as a pianist at the 'Royal College of Music,' but became interested in 'Renaissance music' after being influenced by record player David Munrow. In 1986, she became the first woman to be appointed music director of both the "Royal Shakespeare Company" and the "Royal National Theatre."
Her stepfather is Mark Rylance, an Academy Award-winning actor, playwright, and theatrical director. Juliet's stepfather adopted her.
Claire, Mark and Juliet's mother, met in 1987 and married on 21 December 1989 in Oxfordshire.
Nataasha van Kampen (born 25 February 1984) was her younger sister and was also an actress and filmmaker; she appeared in Nocturne (2009).
She passed away of a suspected cerebral hemorrhage at the age of 28 on July 1st, 2012. Nataasha suffered the bleeding while on a flight from New York. The medics among the passengers attempted but failed to save her.
- Primary education: She attended a public elementary school. High school: She continued her education in the Steiner school.
- While in high school, she took a gap year and worked in a café on Bankside, as a tour guide at the Globe (theatre), and as a hospice volunteer.
- She attended The Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London, England, which is a theatrical school. Where she received training in film, television, and theatre. In 2002, she earned a B.A. in acting (H Level) from RADA.
- She was driven by her mother and stepfather to pursue a career in acting but was hesitant to walk the stage; her then-boyfriend urged her to go to RADA(The Royal Academy of Dramatic Art); she gave it a shot and was accepted; she finally became an actress and filmmaker.
With her successful career, Juliet Rylance net worth is now $1.5 million.
Her first significant part after graduating from RADA was as Medea in Neil LaBute's Bash: Latter-Day Plays at the Union Theatre in London, which she performed in for the first time. At Shakespeare's Globe Theatre, she went on to perform in The Winter's Tale and Troilus and Cressida, in which she played Perdita and Cressida, respectively.
She starred as British author Mary Sidney in I Am Shakespeare, a play written by her stepfather Mark Rylance and directed by Matthew Warchus, which premiered at the Chichester Festival Theatre and then went on tour around the United Kingdom.
In the same year, she co-founded Theater of Memory with two of her contemporaries, David Sturzaker and director Tamara Harvey, to produce original works for the stage and television. She went on to star in the Theater of Memory's productions of Romeo and Juliet and Bash: Latter-Day Plays, in which she played Juliet and Medea, respectively, as Juliet and Medea.
A Lucille Lortel Award was nominated for Rylance for her performance as Desdemona in Othello, which she performed in New York City in 2009. She then appeared in the Sam Mendes-directed Bridge Project, which was a collaboration between the Brooklyn Academy of Music in Brooklyn and the Old Vic in London
She then appeared in the Sam Mendes-directed Bridge Project. Her husband played alongside her in the roles of Orlando and Ariel, and she appeared as Rosalind and Miranda, respectively. Rosalind earned Rylance an Obie Award in 2010 for her portrayal of the character.
Rylance appeared as a co-star in the horror picture Sinister, which was released in 2012. Days and Nights, a film based on the Anton Chekov play The Seagull and written and directed by her husband, was released in 2013. She starred in and produced the film, which was written and directed by her husband.
She starred in the medical drama The Knick, which aired on Cinemax from 2014 to 2015. She will star as Della Street in the upcoming HBO series Perry Mason, which is based on the detective stories written by Erle Stanley Gardner and premieres in 2020.
While working as an actor at the Shakespeare's Globe theater in London, Juliet met American actor, producer, and writer Christian Camargo. The couple had known each other since 1997 and had been friends for a long time before they married in November 2008 at New York City Hall. They split their time between London Burroughs and his property in Joshua Tree, California's the Mojave Desert.
Christian Camargo was born in New York City in 1971. His parents are Victoria Wyndham and Wendell Minnick. He attended the Juilliard School of Acting. He is most recognized for his roles in The Hurt Locker (2008), Eleazar Denali in "The Twilight Saga" film series, and Daniel Luxembourg in Europa Report (2013), among others.
Juliet and Christian have starred together in "The Tempest" (as Orlando and Miranda) and "As You Like It" (as Orlando and Miranda) (as Ariel & Rosalind)
Christian Camargo is Ralph Camargo's grandson. Ralph had urged his daughters to change their surnames from "Camargo" to something anglicized so that they would not be denied opportunities because of their Latino background. Christian had changed his surname to Camargo because he prefers to be identified with his heritage rather than ignore it.
- In support of the #MeToo movement, she has advocated for women who have been victims of sexual harassment (especially in Hollywood) and has spoken out in favor of the cause.
- Women's March: She had been a vocal supporter of the Women's March in 2016, which took place in January.
- Climate change: She is extremely concerned about climate change issues, and she is frequently seen posting stuff on social media in order to raise awareness about the subject.
- Protecting the Amazon rainforest: She appealed to her admirers on social media (in August 2019) to join her in a petition on Change.org to help put an end to the deforestation of the Amazon rainforest.
- It is her job to be a part of the democratic process that she encourages her supporters to do so by casting their ballots.
- Time is up movement: She was a supporter of the TimesUp movement that began in 2018.
She is a peace ambassador for the non-governmental organization 'Peace One Day,' which was instrumental in UB proclaiming an 'International Day of Peace on September 21st.
She is a supporter of the Democratic Party, a supporter of President Barack Obama, and an outspoken critic of President Donald Trump.
Juliet Rylance At The Peabody Awards
- She is an avid book reader, especially poems, some of the books she has read are: Never Mind (Edward St Aubyn) and Howard Zinn Speaks - Collected speeches
- Her friends apparently call her Dutch.
- She loves photography, she owns a Leica M.
- She has a pet dog named Garth.
- She would like to buy a first-generation Porsche 911 automobile at some point in the future.
- Green juice is a part of her daily diet.
- Live Life, Love Life. Laugh-That is the life motto of Juliet; her sister, Nataasha, had the same motto.
- She is an A-level artist, she paints occasionally. She taught painting at the hospice immediately after her education at the academy.
- She enjoys traveling in a London taxi and learning about the locations they are passing from the perspective of the driver.
- Juliet considers fitness to be very important for an actor like a violin is for a musician.
- She feels happier in the wilderness, in open spaces.
- Her childhood dream was to become a storyteller & an ambassador of peace.
- What drives her is time, the finiteness of life. She likes her father's two quotes on the topic - "Time is our servant, not our master" & "Time waits for no man".
- She said the "Judgment of others" irritates her the most.
|Year - Movie||Character|
|2021 - Jill||Joann|
|2019 - The Artist's Wife||Angela Smythson|
|2017 - Love After Love||Rebecca|
|2017 - A Dog's Purpose||Ethan's Mom|
|2015 - Amok||Lisa|
|2015 - Sinister 2||Tracy Oswalt|
|2014 - Days and Nights||Eva|
|2012 Frances Ha||Janelle|
|2005 Animal||Maria Nielsen|
|Present - The Hypnotist's Love Story||Ellen|
|2020 - Perry Mason||Della Street|
|2018 - McMafia - 8 Episodes; Season 1 Episodes 1-8||Rebecca Harper|
|2016 - American Gothic - 13 episodes||Alison Hawthorne-Price|
|2014-2015 - The Knick - Main Role; 20 episodes||Cornelia Robertson|
|2015 - The Mystery of Matter: Search for the Elements - "Unruly Elements"; Mini documentary||Marie Curie|
Juliet Rylance is a Hollywood actress. She gets money through her salaries in movies and TV series.
Her monthly or per episode salary is not available to the public. However, she has an estimated net worth of $1.5 million.
Juliet Rylance net worth of $1.5 million. There is no breakdown of her assets.
In summary, Juliet Rylance is married. Her husband, the well-known actor Christian Camargo, is also an actor. They first met in 1997, when he was performing at Shakespeare's Globe Theatre with her stepfather, Mark Rylance. On November 10, 2008, the two people got married at New York City Hall. Additionally, Juliet Rylance net worth of $1.5 million.