Gretzky Net Worth - A Look At The Wealth Of "The Great One"
Wayne Gretzky, also known as "The Great One," is a hockey legend who has left an indelible mark on the sport. Over the course of his illustrious career, Gretzky set numerous records and established himself as one of the greatest players of all time.
But beyond his on-ice achievements, many people are curious about Gretzky net worth and how he has accumulated his wealth. In this article, we will take a closer look at Gretzky's net worth and the various factors that have contributed to his financial success.
|Profession||January 26, 1961|
|Net worth||$260 million|
COPYRIGHT_PNW: Published on https://purenetworth.com/gretzky-net-worth/ by James K. on 2023-05-23T11:17:38.536Z
Wayne Gretzky was born on January 26, 1961, in Brantford, Ontario, Canada. He was the eldest of five children born to Walter and Phyllis Gretzky. Walter Gretzky, also known as "Canada's Hockey Dad," was a well-known minor hockey coach and encouraged Wayne's interest in hockey from a young age.
As a child, Wayne Gretzky began playing hockey on the backyard rink that his father built for him. He quickly showed a natural talent for the sport and started playing organized hockey at the age of six.
At the age of 10, Gretzky joined the Brantford Nadrofsky Steelers of the Ontario Minor Hockey Association (OMHA), where he quickly became one of the top players in the league. He scored an incredible 378 goals in just one season, setting a record that still stands today.
Gretzky's success in the OMHA caught the attention of scouts from the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL). Despite being just 16 years old at the time, Gretzky made the team and began playing junior hockey at the highest level in Canada. It was the start of a legendary career that would see Gretzky become one of the greatest hockey players of all time.
Wayne Gretzky all time leader in goals, points
Wayne Gretzky's NHL career spanned 20 seasons and saw him play for four different teams: the Edmonton Oilers, Los Angeles Kings, St. Louis Blues, and New York Rangers. Over the course of his career, Gretzky set numerous records and established himself as one of the greatest players in the history of the sport. Here are some of Gretzky's most impressive records and accomplishments during his NHL career:
- Most career goals - Gretzky scored a total of 894 goals during his NHL career, which is the most of any player in history.
- Most career assists - Gretzky also holds the record for most career assists, with 1,963.
- Most career points - Gretzky's total of 2,857 career points (goals and assists combined) is also the most of any player in NHL history.
- Most goals in a single season - Gretzky scored 92 goals during the 1981-82 season, which is the most of any player in a single season.
- Most assists in a single season - Gretzky also holds the record for most assists in a single season, with 163 during the 1985-86 season.
- Most points in a single season - Gretzky's total of 215 points during the 1985-86 season is the most of any player in a single season.
- Four Stanley Cup championships - Gretzky won four Stanley Cup championships during his career, all with the Edmonton Oilers.
In addition to his impressive records and championships, Gretzky was also known for his exceptional hockey IQ and ability to make his teammates better. He was a nine-time NHL MVP and a 10-time scoring champion, and he was inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame in 1999. His impact on the sport of hockey and the NHL continues to be felt today, and he is widely regarded as one of the greatest players of all time.
Throughout his career and beyond, Wayne Gretzky has been involved in a number of business ventures and endorsements that have helped him build a significant net worth. Here are some of the most notable:
- Nike - Gretzky has had a long-standing endorsement deal with Nike, which has included signature sneakers and clothing lines.
- Coca-Cola - Gretzky has appeared in multiple Coca-Cola commercials over the years, and has been a spokesperson for the company.
- TD Ameritrade - Gretzky has been a spokesperson for TD Ameritrade, a financial services company, since 2015.
- Wine - In 2020, Gretzky launched his own line of wine, which includes a red blend and a chardonnay.
- Coaching and Ownership - After retiring from playing, Gretzky served as the head coach of the Phoenix Coyotes for four seasons. He has also been involved in team ownership, including as a part-owner of the Coyotes and the Edmonton Oilers.
- Celebrity Appearances - Gretzky has made numerous appearances on television shows and in movies, including "Saturday Night Live," "The Simpsons," and "Degrassi: The Next Generation."
Wayne Gretzky's net worth is estimated to be around $260 million. He earned a significant amount of money during his NHL career, and his various business ventures and endorsements have helped him build his wealth over the years.
Gretzky's net worth includes his various properties, including a mansion in Westlake Village, California, which he purchased for $2.8 million in 2002 and sold for $6 million in 2017. He also owns a golf course in Thousand Oaks, California, which is named after him.
Gretzky's net worth is a testament to his success as a hockey player and businessman, and he continues to be one of the most recognizable and beloved figures in the world of sports.
Wayne Gretzky | House Tour | $22 Million Luxury Thousand Oaks Mansion
Wayne Gretzky has owned several real estate properties throughout his life, including:
- Thousand Oaks, California - Gretzky owns a 6,000-square-foot mansion in Thousand Oaks, California. The house features six bedrooms, eight bathrooms, and a large pool and outdoor entertaining area. The property also includes a guest house and a tennis court.
- Westlake Village, California - In 2002, Gretzky purchased a 10,815-square-foot mansion in Westlake Village, California, for $2.8 million. The house features six bedrooms, eight bathrooms, a gym, a home theater, and a large pool and spa. Gretzky sold the property in 2017 for $6 million.
- Lake Sherwood, California - Gretzky owned a 7,238-square-foot mansion in Lake Sherwood, California, which he sold in 2015 for $5.4 million. The house featured five bedrooms, six bathrooms, a home theater, and a large pool and outdoor entertaining area.
- Idaho - Gretzky also owns a vacation home in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. The property features 109 feet of lake frontage, a private dock, and a large outdoor entertaining area.
These properties are a reflection of Gretzky's success both as a hockey player and as a businessman. They provide a glimpse into the luxurious lifestyle that he has been able to enjoy over the years.
Wayne Gretzky has been involved in philanthropy throughout his career and has established several charitable organizations to help support various causes. Here are some of the ways Gretzky has given back:
- The Wayne Gretzky Foundation - Gretzky founded this organization in 1992 to raise money for a variety of causes, including children's hospitals and hockey programs for underprivileged youth.
- Athletes Against Autism - Gretzky is a board member of this organization, which raises money to support families affected by autism.
- Canadian Olympic Foundation - Gretzky is an honorary member of the board of directors of the Canadian Olympic Foundation, which raises money to support Canadian Olympic athletes.
- Hockey Canada Foundation - Gretzky is a member of the board of directors of the Hockey Canada Foundation, which supports the development of hockey at all levels across Canada.
- Other Causes - Gretzky has been involved in fundraising efforts for a variety of other causes over the years, including the fight against breast cancer and the Ronald McDonald House Charities.
Gretzky's philanthropic efforts have had a significant impact on many people's lives, particularly in the areas of healthcare and youth sports. His charitable work has helped him to make a positive difference in the world and has cemented his legacy as one of the most beloved figures in the world of sports.
- Gretzky scored 50 goals in just 39 games during the 1981-1982 season, a feat that has never been matched or surpassed.
- Gretzky's father, Walter Gretzky, was also a prominent hockey coach and helped to develop Wayne's skills from a young age.
- Gretzky has scored more goals in the NHL than any other player in history, with a total of 894 goals over his career.
- Gretzky was the youngest player in NHL history to reach 50 goals in a single season, accomplishing the feat at the age of 19.
- Gretzky was traded from the Edmonton Oilers to the Los Angeles Kings in 1988, a move that was initially controversial but ultimately helped to popularize hockey in the United States.
- Gretzky was nicknamed "The Great One" by his teammate Eddie Mio, and the nickname stuck throughout his career and beyond.
- Gretzky is known for his impressive vision on the ice and was famous for his ability to anticipate plays and make passes to his teammates.
- Gretzky has been inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame, the Canadian Sports Hall of Fame, and the International Ice Hockey Federation Hall of Fame.
- Gretzky is also a successful businessman, with investments in various industries including sports, real estate, and entertainment.
- Gretzky is widely regarded as one of the greatest athletes of all time, and his legacy as a hockey player and cultural icon continues to endure to this day.
After retiring from hockey, Gretzky has worked as a coach and team owner. He also serves as a brand ambassador and spokesperson for several companies.
Wayne Gretzky won four Stanley Cups over the course of his career, three with the Edmonton Oilers and one with the New York Rangers.
Gretzky set numerous records over the course of his career, including the most career goals (894), assists (1,963), and points (2,857).
Wayne Gretzky's nickname is "The Great One."
Wayne Gretzky net worth is a reflection of his remarkable career as a hockey player, coach, and team owner. Through his hard work, dedication, and talent, he has amassed a fortune that few athletes can match. But beyond his financial success, Gretzky's legacy as a hockey icon will continue to inspire future generations of players and fans.