Cindy Crawford Net Worth - One Of The Wealthiest Models Of All Time
Cindy Crawford is a name that is synonymous with beauty, grace, and success. As one of the most recognizable and successful models of all time, Cindy Crawford net worth has been a topic of interest for many years. Her career has spanned over three decades and has included modeling, acting, and business ventures. In this article, we will take a closer look at Cindy Crawford's net worth and how she earned her wealth.
Quick Facts About Cindy Crawford
|Birthday||February 20, 1966|
|Net worth||$400 million|
Early Life Of Cindy Crawford
Cindy Crawford was born on February 20, 1966, in DeKalb, Illinois. She was the daughter of John Crawford, an electrician, and Jennifer Crawford, a homemaker. Crawford was raised in a close-knit family with her two sisters, Chris and Danielle.
COPYRIGHT_PNW: Published on https://purenetworth.com/cindy-crawford-net-worth/ by - on 2023-04-10T09:03:22.664Z
Growing up, Crawford was a tomboy and loved sports. She was an excellent student and was actively involved in extracurricular activities such as cheerleading and track and field. Crawford was also a talented pianist and considered pursuing a career in music.
At the age of 16, Crawford was discovered by a local photographer who spotted her working in a cornfield. She began modeling soon after, and by 17, she had already won the "Look of the Year" contest held by Elite Model Management.
After graduating from high school in 1984, Crawford attended Northwestern University to study chemical engineering. However, she dropped out after only one semester to pursue her modeling career full-time in New York City.
Modeling Career Of Cindy Crawford
Cindy Crawford Breaks Down 13 Looks From 1989 to Now | Life in Looks | Vogue
Cindy Crawford's modeling career began in the mid-1980s when she was discovered by a local photographer in her hometown of DeKalb, Illinois. She quickly signed up with Elite Model Management and moved to New York City to pursue her career.
Crawford's career took off when she was chosen to be on the cover of Vogue magazine in 1986. This exposure led to numerous modeling opportunities, and Crawford quickly became one of the most sought-after models in the industry. She appeared on countless magazine covers, including Elle, Cosmopolitan, Harper's Bazaar, and W.
Crawford also became a staple on the runway, walking for top designers such as Versace, Chanel, and Christian Dior. In addition to her work as a model, Crawford also became a spokesperson for various brands, including Revlon, Pepsi, and Omega Watch.
In 1995, Crawford made history when she signed a groundbreaking contract with Revlon for $20 million, becoming the highest-paid model at the time. She used her fame to launch her own line of beauty products, including Cindy Crawford's Meaningful Beauty.
Acting And Business Ventures Of Cindy Crawford
In addition to her successful modeling career, Cindy Crawford has also ventured into acting and business. Crawford made her acting debut in the 1995 film "Fair Game" and went on to appear in several other movies and TV shows, including "3rd Rock from the Sun," "The Simian Line," and "Witches of the Caribbean."
Crawford has also used her modeling fame to launch several successful business ventures. In 2001, she co-founded the tequila company Casamigos with her husband, Rande Gerber, and their friend, George Clooney. The company was sold to Diageo in 2017 for a reported $1 billion.
Crawford has also authored several books, including "Becoming" and "Cindy Crawford's Basic Face." She has also launched her own line of furniture, Cindy Crawford Home, which is sold at various retailers.
In 2016, Crawford launched a skincare line called Cindy Crawford Meaningful Beauty, which features anti-aging products made with natural ingredients. The line has been a huge success and has helped to further increase Crawford's net worth.
Cindy Crawford Net Worth
As of 2023, Cindy Crawford's net worth is estimated to be around $400 million. The majority of Crawford's wealth comes from her successful modeling career, which spanned over three decades and included numerous magazine covers, runway shows, and endorsement deals with major brands. Crawford also made history when she signed a $20 million contract with Revlon in 1995, making her the highest-paid model at the time.
In addition to her modeling career, Crawford has also launched several successful business ventures, including her skincare line Cindy Crawford Meaningful Beauty, and her furniture line Cindy Crawford Home. She co-founded the tequila company Casamigos, which was sold for a reported $1 billion in 2017.
Real Estate Properties Of Cindy Crawford
Cindy Crawford House Tour 2020 | Inside Her $60 Million Dollar Malibu Home Mansion
Cindy Crawford is known for her luxurious real estate properties. She has owned several properties around the world, including:
- Malibu Mansion - Crawford and her husband, Rande Gerber, own a stunning beachfront mansion in Malibu, California. The property, which they purchased for $50.5 million in 2015, features six bedrooms, seven bathrooms, a gym, and a media room. The mansion also includes a guesthouse, a pool, and direct access to the beach.
- Beverly Hills Home - In 2017, Crawford and Gerber purchased a Beverly Hills home for $11.63 million. The property, which was previously owned by OneRepublic frontman Ryan Tedder, features five bedrooms, six bathrooms, a pool, and a tennis court.
- New York City Apartment - Crawford and Gerber also own a luxurious apartment in New York City's SoHo neighborhood. The property features three bedrooms, a fitness center, and a rooftop terrace with stunning views of the city.
- Canadian Ski Chalet - Crawford and Gerber own a ski chalet in Whistler, Canada. The property features four bedrooms, a hot tub, and direct access to the slopes.
Philanthropic Works Of Cindy Crawford
Cindy Crawford is not only known for her successful modeling career and business ventures but also for her philanthropic efforts. She has supported several charitable organizations and causes over the years, including:
- Make-A-Wish Foundation - Crawford has been a longtime supporter of the Make-A-Wish Foundation, which grants wishes to children with life-threatening illnesses. She has helped to raise funds and awareness for the organization through various events and campaigns.
- Children's Hospital Los Angeles - Crawford has also supported the Children's Hospital Los Angeles, which provides medical care and support to children in need. She has made donations to the hospital and has participated in fundraising events.
- Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation - Crawford has also been involved with the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation, which funds research to find a cure for multiple myeloma, a type of blood cancer. She has participated in fundraising events and has helped to raise awareness about the disease.
- Omega Watches - In 2021, Crawford partnered with Omega Watches to support Orbis, a non-profit organization that provides eye care to people in need around the world. Crawford designed a limited-edition watch with Omega, and a portion of the proceeds from each sale went to support Orbis.
Through her philanthropic efforts, Cindy Crawford has used her fame and fortune to make a positive impact on the world. Her commitment to charitable causes has inspired many and has helped to improve the lives of countless individuals and families in need.
Interesting Facts About Cindy Crawford
- Cindy Crawford was born on February 20, 1966, in DeKalb, Illinois.
- Crawford's original career goal was to become a chemical engineer, but she was discovered by a newspaper photographer at age 16 and decided to pursue modeling instead.
- Crawford was the first modern supermodel to pose for Playboy magazine.
- She was the host of MTV's "House of Style" from 1989 to 1995, which helped to make her a household name.
- Crawford has appeared on over 600 magazine covers throughout her career.
- In 1992, a British medical study named Crawford the most perfect face in the world based on her symmetry and proportions.
- Crawford has been married to businessman and former model Rande Gerber since 1998, and the couple has two children together.
- She is an avid fan of the Chicago Cubs and even sang "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" during the seventh-inning stretch at Wrigley Field.
- Crawford has a mole above her lip that has become one of her most recognizable features.
- In addition to her modeling and acting career, Crawford is also an author, having co-written the book "Becoming" with Katherine O'Leary in 2015.
People Also Ask
How Did Cindy Crawford Become Famous?
Cindy Crawford became famous after being discovered by a local photographer at the age of 16. She began her modeling career soon after and quickly rose to fame, becoming one of the most successful models of all time.
What Is Cindy Crawford's Age?
Cindy Crawford was born on February 20, 1966, which makes her 57 years old as of 2023.
How Tall Is Cindy Crawford?
Cindy Crawford is 5 feet 9 inches tall.
Is Cindy Crawford Still Modeling?
While Cindy Crawford has retired from full-time modeling, she still occasionally models for special projects or campaigns.
Cindy Crawford net worth is a testament to her successful career as a model, actress, and businesswoman. With an estimated net worth of $400 million in 2023, Crawford has become one of the wealthiest models in the world.
Her contributions to the fashion industry and her ability to reinvent herself have cemented her status as an icon. Crawford's success is a reminder that with hard work, dedication, and a little bit of luck, anyone can achieve their dreams.