The 57-year-old comedian from South Carolina referenced his Academy Awards attack during his performance on Sunday, August 28, according to the Arizona Republic.
Rock, who famously was slapped by Will Smith at the event in March after making a joke about Jada Pinkett Smith's hair, stated that he was given the hosting role but felt he couldn't accept the assignment.
He quipped that attending the Oscars again would be like investigating a murder.
He explained his position by bringing up the O.J. Simpson murder trial.
Rock suggested that reviving the Oscars would be like asking Nicole Brown Simpson "to go back to the restaurant" where she left her glasses before she was murdered in 1994.
Rock also claimed that after being smacked by Smith, 53, he declined a Super Bowl ad deal.
All people despise Chris alum reportedly joked about how painful the blow was to him.
Referring to the fact that Smith had portrayed Muhammad Ali in a biography nominated for an Academy Award, he said that he and the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air vet were considerably different in appearance.
"He’s bigger than me," Rock allegedly remarked.
The state of Nevada would not sanction a fight between me and Will Smith.
He also reprised a line from previous recent stand-up acts in which he claimed he was not a victim.
Chris Rock after the slap
Last month, the Madagascar actor told a similar joke in New Jersey.
Anyone who says words hurt has never been punched in the face,” the comedian said on July 24, an eyewitness told Us Weekly.
Later that night, during a comedy about people being excessively sensitive and playing the victim, Rock said, “I’m not a victim, motherf–ker.”
Before joking that he “shook that s–t off” and returned to work
Yeah, that s–t hurt, motherf–ker. But I shook that s–t off and went to work the next day … I don’t go to the hospital for a papercut.
Since urging Rock to "get my wife's name out your f–king mouth," Smith has maintained a quiet profile.
After the ceremony, he apologized.
He resigned from the Academy and was barred from Oscars ceremonies for a decade.
Smith apologized to Rock in July.
In a long video, The Pursuit of Happyness actor apologized.
“I’ve spent the last three months replaying and understanding the nuances and the complexities of what happened in that moment,” the Philadelphia native said. “I’m not gonna try to unpack all of that right now. But I can say to all of you, there is no part of me that thinks that was the right way to behave in that moment. There’s no part of me that thinks that’s the optimal way to handle a feeling of disrespect or insults.”
Chris Rock giving a speech
Rock, who's joked about the event, claimed he declined.
According to the article, he was also offered a Super Bowl ad but "profanely" declined. Rock didn't deny the slap.
When someone in the sold-out audience urged him to speak about it, the comedian said Smith's hit stung.
Yahoo Entertainment reached out to the Academy but did not immediately hear back.
The group seldom addresses hosting rumors (or offers).
ABC Entertainment President Craig Erwich indicated Rock may host in 2023.
In 2005 and 2016, the comedian hosted.
Smith was barred from Academy events for 10 years after resigning.
The actor has emerged from hiding after months.
Last month, Smith apologized to Rock on Twitter.
"There is no part of me that thinks that was the right way to behave in that moment.
There is no part of me that thinks that's the optimal way to handle a feeling of disrespect or insults.
I've reached out to Chris and the message that came back is he's not ready to talk and when he is, he will reach out.
So I will say to you, Chris, I apologize to you.
My behavior was unacceptable and I'm here whenever you're ready to talk"
Rocky is unlikely to interview the Oscar winner soon.