2023 WGA Awards - List Of Nominees And Winners
The big prizes at the 2023 WGA Awards on Sunday went to the original screenplay by Daniel Kwan and Daniel Scheinert for the award-season hit Everything, Everywhere, All at Once and the adapted screenplay by Sarah Polley for Women Talking.James K.Mar 07, 2023106 Shares2083 Views
The big prizes at the 2023 WGA Awardson Sunday went to the original screenplay by Daniel Kwan and Daniel Scheinert for the award-season hit Everything, Everywhere, All at Once and the adapted screenplay by Sarah Polley for Women Talking.
The WGA held ceremonies in both Los Angeles and New York City to give out awards for the best writing of the year. Apple TV+'s Severance won for Drama Series and New Series, and FX's The Bear won for Comedy Series. Last Week Tonight with John Oliver won the award for Comedy Variety Talk Series. HBO's The White Lotus won the award for Limited Series.
With this win, Everything Everywhere won all of the major guild awards. It had already won at the PGAs, the DGAs, the SAG Awards, and on Saturday in the same category at the Spirit Awards. It is up for 11 Oscars, including one for Best Original Screenplay.
On Sunday, the 75th annual Writers Guild Awards were given out at events in New York's Edison Ballroom and Los Angeles's Fairmont Century Plaza. Severance won the award for best new series. It beat out Bad Sisters, Andor, and Abbott Elementary, which were also nominated for the first time. The drama award went to the Apple TV+ show, and the comedy award went to The Bear on FX.
Individual episode awards went to Better Call Saul on AMC, Hacks on HBO Max, and Undone on Prime Video. This year's WGA Awards are happening as the guild is talking about going on strike for the first time since 2007-08. Since its current contract ends on May 1, the WGA is trying to get its members more money from streaming and higher minimum pay rates.
Everything Everywhere All At Once, Written by Daniel Kwan & Daniel Scheinert; A24
- Better Call Saul
- The Crown
- Severance — WINNER
- Abbott Elementary
- The Bear — WINNER
- Only Murders in the Building
- Abbott Elementary
- Bad Sisters
- The Bear
- Severance — WINNER
- The Dropout
- Fleishman Is in Trouble
- Pam & Tommy
- The Staircase
- The White Lotus — WINNER
- Heart of the Matter(Hallmark Channel)
- Honor Society(Paramount+) — WINNER
- Ray Donovan: The Movie(Showtime)
- Torn Hearts(Epix)
- Weird: The Al Yankovic Story(Roku)
- “Girls Just Shauna Have Fun” (The Simpsons), written by Jeff Westbrook
- “The Pain Garden” (Tuca & Bertie), written by Lisa Hanawalt
- “Pixelated and Afraid” (The Simpsons), written by John Frink
- “Rectify” (Undone), written by Elijah Aron & Patrick Metcalf — WINNER
- “The Sound of Bleeding Gums” (The Simpsons), written by Loni Steele Sosthand
- “To Bob, or Not To Bob” (Bob’s Burgers), written by Lizzie Molyneux-Logelin & Wendy Molyneux
- “A Hard Way to Go” (Ozark), written by Chris Mundy
- “The End of Everything” (The Good Fight), written by Robert King & Michelle King
- “Plan and Execution” (Better Call Saul), written by Thomas Schnauz — WINNER
- “The Prick” (Bad Sisters), teleplay by Sharon Horgan and Dave Finkel & Brett Baer
- “Rock and Hard Place” (Better Call Saul), written by Gordon Smith
- “The We We Are” (Severance), written by Dan Erickson
- “The Beginning” (Grace and Frankie), written by Marta Kauffman & Howard J. Morris
- “Braciole” (The Bear), written by Joanna Calo & Christopher Storer
- “Foie Gras” (Julia), written by Daniel Goldfarb & Chris Keyser
- “Private School” (What We Do in the Shadows), written by Ayo Edebiri & Shana Gohd
- “The One, The Only” (Hacks), written by Lucia Aniello & Paul W. Downs & Jen Statsky — WINNER
- “Wide Net” (Reservation Dogs), written by Tazbah Rose Chavez
- Full Frontal With Samantha Bee
- Hell of a Week With Charlamagne Tha God
- Jimmy Kimmel Live!
- Late Night With Seth Meyers
- Last Week Tonight With John Oliver — WINNER
- The Problem With Jon Stewart
- Stephen Colbert Presents Tooning Out The News
- Inside Amy Schumer — WINNER
- PAUSE With Sam Jay
- Saturday Night Live
- The National Memorial Day Concert 2022 (PBS)
- Stand Out: An LGBTQ+ Celebration(Netflix)
- The Problem With Jon Stewart(Apple TV+)
- Jerrod Carmichael: Rothaniel(HBO/HBO Max) — WINNER
- Baking It — WINNER
- Capital One CollegeBowl
- Weakest Link
Days of Our Lives — WINNER
The 2023 WGA Awards, which were held Sunday night in Los Angeles and New York, named "Everything, Everywhere, All at Once" the best original film screenplay of 2023.
With this win, "Everything, Everywhere" has won all of the major Hollywood guild awards: the DirectorsGuild, the ProducersGuild, the Writers Guild, and the Screen ActorsGuild, where it won the ensemble cast award and set a record by winning in four of the five categories.