A Canadian actor named Stephen Amell has starred in movies including "Closing the Ring," "Stay with Me," and "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows." He rose to fame after acting in the television program Arrow, for which he received four prizes. In a similar vein, he is a wrestler who competed against Stardust on a wrestling television program. He also takes pleasure in attending social gatherings and helping to support charity by generating money for them. Let's read this article to find out more about Stephen Amells net worth.
|Date Of Birth
|May 8, 1981
|Place Of Birth
|6 ft (1.85 m)
On May 8, 1981, Stephen Amell was born in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Thomas J. Amell, his father, and Sandra Anne Bolté, his mother, are his parents. Amell has ancestry in Germany, England, Scotland, and French Canada. Stephen Amell attended St. Andrew's Collegewhile growing up in Toronto. The college is a boys-only, independent, private school.
Amell first became interested in sports and the arts at the school. Has Stephen Amell have a sibling? About his siblings, not much is known. He does, however, have a Robbie Amell as a first cousin. He is an actor best recognized for his roles as Ronnie Raymond/Firestorm in The Flash and Stephen Jameson in The Tomorrow People. In various movies, Stephen Amell and Robbie Amell have shared the screen. The cousins co-produced and co-starred in the 2019 sequel to the 2016 short science fiction action film Code 8.
Stephen Amell at a conference
In 2004 Stephen Amell made his acting debut in the television shows "Queer as Folk" and "Dante's Cove." He won a Gemini Award in 2007 for his performance on "ReGenesis" and was nominated for a further award the same year for his work on "Rent-a-Goalie". Amell has gained notoriety for his performances in hit TV shows including "The Vampire Diaries," "Da Kink in My Hair," and "Heartland." Additionally, he played actual offender Joran van der Sloot in the Lifetime movie "Justice for Natalee Holloway."
For his roles in "Hung" and "90210," Stephen received praise. He also appeared in the play "New Girl" and spoke of doing a comedy. Additionally, he portrayed Travis McKenna in "Blue Mountain State" and had a recurrent role in "Private Practice." From 2012 until 2020, Amell played Oliver Queen in the television series Arrow. Because of this, he appeared as a character in The CW's Arrowverse superhero series The Flash and Supergirl. He also had an appearance in the CW Seed online series Vixen.
Amell played Casey Jones in "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows". Additionally, he took part in an elite competition of "American Ninja Warrior." Amell displayed his agility and physical prowess. He performed in the 2017 Michelle Morgan-directed short "Mi Madre, My Father." After receiving money via crowdsourcing, the movie had its world debut at the 2018 Cannes Film Festival. After Amell made the announcement in March 2019, the well-known TV program Arrow finished with its eighth season in January 2020.
- Arrow (2012 – 2020)
- Heels (Since 2021)
- The Flash (2014 – 2023)
- Code 8 (2019)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows (2016)
- Flash vs. Arrow (Since 2014)
Stephen Amell arranging his tie smiling
Amell, a fervent follower of professional wrestling, actively sought for a guest spot on WWE's weekly Raw show. He was reportedly scheduled to face Cody Rhodes (Stardust) at WWE's SummerSlam pay-per-view in August as of May 2015. On the May 25 edition of Raw, Amell made his debut for the WWE and engaged Stardust in combat. Early in August, Amell made a comeback on Raw.
After Stardust attacked him in the crowd, Amell attacked Stardust in the ring before being restrained by security. Neville and Amell were paired to take against Stardust and King Barrett at SummerSlam after a backstage interview with Triple H. Amell and Neville beat Barrett and Stardust in a tag team battle at the event on August 23, 2015.
Amell took part in the wrestling, and it was stated that the wrestlers were pleased with Amell's performance behind the scenes. Rhodes and Amell became friends, and they subsequently collaborated on Arrow. Amell won a Slammy for the "Celebrity Moment of the Year" on December 21, 2015, for his dive into Stardust during the competition.
On November 17, 2017, at Survival of the Fittest for Ring of Honor, Amell made a comeback in professional wrestling. Amell joined the Bullet Club faction the day before the event and participated in a five-on-four tag team bout alongside Cody Rhodes, Kenny Omega, and The Young Bucks (Matt and Nick Jackson). Flip Gordon, Scorpio Sky, The Addiction (Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian), and Scorpio Sky were all beaten. Amell once again took part in the wrestling, even being slammed through a table by The Addiction.
Amell lost against Christopher Daniels in his first singles match at All In, which took place on August 6, 2018, after it was revealed that he would be participating there.
Amell made a cameo at All Elite Wrestling's Revolution on February 29, 2020, when he joined Cody Rhodes and the Nightmare Family for Rhodes' bout against the MJF.
Stephen Amell's net worth is $7 million. He has earned money by acting in a number of films and television programs in the US and Canada. Amell has, furthermore, been paid as a producer. Amell spent $3.62 million on a Tudor house in the Hollywood Hills in 2015.
Stephen Amell giving a speech
Stephen Amell has received several awards and nominations throughout his acting career. Here are some notable awards and nominations he has received:
- Teen Choice Awards (2013) -Stephen Amell won the Teen Choice Award for Choice TV Actor: Fantasy/Sci-Fi for his role as Oliver Queen/Green Arrow in "Arrow."
- Leo Awards (2015) -He won a Leo Award for Best Lead Performance by a Male in a Dramatic Series for his work in "Arrow."
- Saturn Awards (2013) -Amell received a Saturn Award nomination for Best Actor on Television for his role in "Arrow."
- Saturn Awards (2014) -He received another Saturn Award nomination for Best Actor on Television for "Arrow."
- Saturn Awards (2015) -Stephen Amell received his third Saturn Award nomination for Best Actor on Television for his performance in "Arrow."
- Teen Choice Awards -He received multiple Teen Choice Award nominations in various categories for his role in "Arrow."
- Canadian Screen Awards (2014) -Amell was nominated for a Canadian Screen Award for Best Performance by an Actor in a Continuing Leading Dramatic Role for "Arrow."
- Canadian Screen Awards (2015) -He received another Canadian Screen Award nomination for Best Performance by an Actor in a Continuing Leading Dramatic Role for "Arrow."
Stephen Amell has divorced once after two marriages. Carolyn Lawrence was Stephen's first love interest. At a Toronto event in 2007, he married Carolyn. After three years of marriage, Amell and Carolyn decided to call it quits in 2010. Amell and actress and model Cassandra Jean started dating in 2011. Stephen and Cassandra married in the Caribbean in December 2012 after a year of dating.
In 2013, they traveled to New Orleans to exchange vows in front of family and friends. American beauty pageant winner Cassandra Jean is from Houston, Texas. From 2002 through 2004, she participated in the Miss Texas Teen USA pageant. She competed in the semi-finals in 2003 and 2004, and in 2003, she was crowned Miss Houston Teen USA. Jean also participated in Cycle 5 of America's Next Top Model. The fourth episode saw the model leave the competition without consulting the judges.
Mavi Alexandra Jean Amell, the couple's first child, was born in 2013 to parents Stephen Amell and Cassandra Jean. Hollywood Hill is where Stephen and his family call home in Los Angeles. On May 13, 2022, they had a son, Bowen Auguste Amell.
Stephen Amell is active on various social media platforms.
Stephen Amell wearing a blue suit
Through the crowdfunded merchandising website Represent.com, Amell has organized a number of successful fundraising events. Amell collaborated with the charity Fuck Cancer in 2014 to collect roughly a million dollars via the sale of a T-shirt with his visage on the front and the name of the group written on a Post-it note on his forehead.
Over 60,000 shirts were ultimately sold as a result of this promotion. In order to raise money for the mental health organizations Paws and Stripes and Stand For The Silent, Amell started his second Represent.com campaign in January 2015. The campaign included the term Sinceriously, a word he coined.
Amell utilized his presence on WWE Raw as a special guest alongside Stardust in August 2015 to promote his third fundraising effort for Toronto's Emily's House Children's Hospice. At Emily's House, Amell and Stardust jointly delivered a $300,000 check that had been raised through the campaign. Amell gave $35,000 for successfully completing all six challenges on American Ninja Warrior's Red Nose Day special, plus an additional obstacle called the Salmon Ladder.
- Before entering the world of acting, Amell had a successful career as a model, appearing in various fashion campaigns and magazines.
- He shares a family connection to the acting world, being cousins with actor Robbie Amell.
- Amell's physical fitness is evident in his roles, as he's skilled in martial arts and often performs his own stunts, including parkour.
- Beyond his acting career, Stephen is actively involved in charitable work, advocating for causes such as cancer research and LGBTQ+ rights.
- In addition to acting and modeling, Amell is an entrepreneurwho co-founded a wine label called "Nocking Point Wines" with his friend Andrew Harding.
- Stephen's athletic background includes playing hockey and lacrosse during his youth.
- Wrestling fans might know him for his in-ring debut at WWE's WrestleMania 32.
- He was a Green Arrow enthusiast before taking on the iconic role in the TV series, collecting Green Arrow comic books.
- Before "Arrow," Amell made guest appearances on popular TV shows like "New Girl" and "Hung."
- He earned a Canadian Screen Award for his performance in the TV series "ReGenesis."
- Stephen Amell stepped into the world of superheroes again as Casey Jones in the 2016 film "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows."
- In his personal life, Amell is married to Cassandra Jean, and the couple has a daughter named Mavi.
- Stephen has ventured into entrepreneurship, including starting a clothing brand.
- His portrayal of Oliver Queen/Green Arrow in "Arrow" has cemented his legacy in superhero television, making the character an iconic part of the Arrowverse.
Stephen Amell is most famous for his role as Oliver Queen, also known as the Green Arrow, in the TV series "Arrow."
While Stephen Amell is not a professional wrestler, he made wrestling appearances in WWE, including at WrestleMania 32, where he teamed up with Neville to face Stardust and King Barrett in a tag team match.
Yes, Stephen Amell is related to actor Robbie Amell. They are cousins.
Stephen Amell co-founded a wine label called "Nocking Point Wines" with his friend Andrew Harding. The label offers a variety of wines, and Amell is actively involved in its promotion.
In conclusion, Stephen Amell is a Canadian actor who gained widespread recognition and popularity for his portrayal of Oliver Queen, also known as the Green Arrow, in the TV series "Arrow." His career has been marked by success in both acting and modeling, and he has received several awards and nominations for his work in the entertainment industry. Additionally, Amell's involvement in WWE wrestling and his passion for philanthropy and entrepreneurship have further solidified his presence in the world of entertainment.