Jeremy Allen White is a talented American actor who has captured the hearts of audiences with his captivating performances on both the big and small screens. He is best known for his role as Lip Gallagher on the hit Showtime series "Shameless", which has been running for 11 seasons and counting.
With his natural acting abilities and undeniable charm, White has become a household name in the entertainment industry. As his career continues to flourish, many are curious about Jeremy Allen White net worthand how he has achieved such success at a young age. In this article, we will delve into the life and career of Jeremy Allen White and explore his net worth.
|Date Of Birth
|Feb 18, 1991
|Actor, Screenwriter, Film Producer
|United States of America
Jeremy Allen White was born on February 17, 1991, in Brooklyn, New York. He grew up in a working-class family with his parents and two younger siblings. His father was a professional musician, and his mother was a special education teacher. White's interest in acting began at a young age, and he would often perform in school plays and local theater productions.
At the age of 13, White landed his first professional acting role in the short film "Beautiful Ohio". This experience solidified his passion for acting, and he decided to pursue it as a career. He attended acting classes and workshops while still in high school and eventually dropped out to focus on his acting career full-time.
Jeremy Allen White wearing a black suit
White debuted on television in 2006 while still a high school student, in an episode of the NBC legal drama "Conviction." After that, he had appearances in two episodes of the police drama "Law & Order," as well as one episode of the spinoff "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit." 2011 saw White get the role that would make him famous: that of Philip "Lip" Gallagher, the family's eldest son, on the Showtime dramedy series "Shameless."
White had just graduated from high school. The American "Shameless" is based on the exploits of a dysfunctional family that lives on Chicago's South Side. It is an adaptation of the British sitcom of the same name. William H. Macy, Emmy Rossum, Ethan Cutkosky, Emma Kenney, Cameron Monaghan, Justin Chatwin, and Shanola Hampton are among the many well-known ensemble cast members.
"Shameless" was a huge hit and aired for 11 seasons till 2021. 2018 saw White reprise his role as former soldier Shrier in the psychological thriller series "Homecoming," while he was still on "Shameless." Shea Whigham, Alex Karpovsky, Sissy Spacek, Jackie Chan, Bobby Cannavale, Julia Roberts, and Stephan James are among the other actorsfeatured in the Amazon Prime Video series.
With his first major role since "Shameless," White made a comeback to television in 2022. He starred in the Hulu drama series "The Bear," as young, renowned Chicago chef Carmen "Carmy" Berzatto. Ebon Moss-Bachrach, Ayo Edebiri, Lionel Boyce, and Abby Elliott are among the co-stars of the program.
Jeremy Allen White wearing a gray suit
In 2006, White made his big screen debut in "Beautiful Ohio," which starred Michelle Trachtenberg, William Hurt, and Julianna Margulies. He played a bored New York City youngster who steals visitors' video cameras and slips into fantasies based on the material he finds on them in the LGBTQ movie "The Speed of Life," which he starred in the next year.
After that, White appeared in two additional teen dramas: Joel Schumacher's "Twelve," which starred Chace Crawford, Rory Culkin, Curtis Jackson, and Emily Meade, and Antonio Campos' "Afterschool," which starred Ezra Miller. White had appearances in the comedic anthology film "Movie 43" and the mystery film "The Time Being" in 2012.
In the 2013 neo-noir "Bad Turn Worse," starring opposite Logan Huffman and Mackenzie Davis, White tells the story of three teenagers who get into difficulty after robbing a local mobster of his money. The next year, White starred in the criminal drama "Rob the Mob," which had a large ensemble cast that included, among many others, Michael Pitt, Ray Romano, and Nina Arianda.
In the romantic comedy "After Everything," which he played in opposite Maika Monroe, White's next major role occurred in 2018. Two years later, he starred in the horror movie "The Rental" with Dan Stevens, Alison Brie, and Sheila Vand, and in the musical drama "Viena and the Fantomes" with Dakota Fanning. The crime thriller "The Birthday Cake," starring Ewan McGregor, Shiloh Fernandez, Val Kilmer, and Lorraine Bracco, is one of White's other cinematic credits.
As of 2023, Jeremy Allen White's net worth is estimated to be around$8 million. The majority of his wealth comes from his successful acting career, with his role in "Shameless" being his most significant source of income. He reportedly earns $100,000 per episode of the show, making him one of the highest-paid actors on cable television.
In addition to his acting career, White has also ventured into producing and directing. He co-produced and starred in the film "After Everything" in 2018, which received positive reviews from critics. He also directed two episodes of "Shameless" in 2019 and 2020, further adding to his net worth.
Jeremy Allen White wearing a white shirt
White is notoriously private about his personal life, but he has been in a long-term relationship with actress Addison Timlin since 2016. The couple welcomed their first child, a daughter named Ezer Billie White, in 2018. They got engaged in 2019 and are set to tie the knot in the near future.
Aside from his acting career, White is also passionate about environmental conservation and has been involved in various initiatives to raise awareness about climate change. He is also an advocate for mental health and has spoken openly about his struggles with anxiety and depression.
In his free time, White enjoys playing guitar, writing music, and spending time with his family and friends. He is also an avid traveler and often shares photos of his adventures on his social media accounts.
- Multi-Talented -Besides acting, White has showcased his talent in other artistic realms, including music. He played guitar and sang in the band "Belle and Sebastian" in the film "You Can't Win."
- Breakthrough Role -His breakout role as Lip Gallagher in the hit TV series "Shameless" earned him widespread recognition and critical acclaim for his portrayal of the complex and intelligent character.
- Long-Running Success -"Shameless" became one of the longest-running scripted series in the history of Showtime, spanning 11 seasons, and Jeremy Allen White remained a core part of its success.
- Independent Film Enthusiast -White has actively participated in independent films, embracing unique and unconventional narratives, showcasing his commitment to diverse and challenging roles.
- Recognition and Nominations -His performance in "Shameless" garnered him nominations for various awards, solidifying his reputation as a talented actor in the industry.
- Private Personal Life -Despite his fame, White keeps a relatively low profile when it comes to his personal life, maintaining a sense of privacy away from the spotlight.
- Philanthropic Efforts -Jeremy Allen White has been involved in charitable activities, using his platform to support causes close to his heart and make a positive impact on society.
- Venturing into Film -Beyond his television success, White has ventured into film with roles in movies such as "Rob the Mob" (2014) and "After Everything" (2018), showcasing his versatility as an actor.
- Diverse Genre Portfolio -His filmography reflects a diverse range of genres, demonstrating his ability to adapt to different storytelling styles and captivate audiences in various cinematic landscapes.
- Critical Acclaim for "Rob the Mob":White received praise for his role in "Rob the Mob," a crime film based on a true story, where he portrayed a character involved in a modern-day Bonnie and Clyde tale.
- Dad in Real Life -In 2019, Jeremy Allen White and his longtime girlfriend, actress Addison Timlin, welcomed their first child, marking a significant personal milestone for the actor.
- Unconventional Choices -Known for his willingness to take on unconventional roles, White's career choices have often aligned with projects that challenge traditional storytelling norms.
- Respect for Indie Cinema -White's involvement in independent cinema underlines his respect for the art of storytelling, choosing projects that often explore the complexities of the human experience.
- Evolution as an Actor -Throughout his career, Jeremy Allen White has showcased a remarkable evolution as an actor, transitioning seamlessly from television to film, from drama to comedy, leaving an indelible mark on the entertainment industry.
While Jeremy Allen White is known primarily for his acting career, he has also demonstrated a commitment to philanthropy and social causes. Here are some aspects of Jeremy Allen White's philanthropy:
- Platform for Advocacy -As a public figure with a significant following, Jeremy Allen White has used his platform to raise awareness about various social and environmental issues. Celebritiesoften leverage their visibility to advocate for causes they believe in, and White is no exception.
- Supporting Charitable Initiatives -While specific details may not be readily available, many actors contribute to charitable initiatives either through direct donations or by participating in events that support various causes. It's not uncommon for celebritiesto align themselves with organizations working towards positive change.
- Community Engagement -Some actors actively engage with their local communities, supporting initiatives that address local challenges or contributing to organizations that work towards community development. Jeremy Allen White's involvement in such activities, if any, may not be extensively publicized.
- Music -Jeremy Allen White's involvement in the band "Belle and Sebastian" for the film "You Can't Win" suggests a potential interest in music. Playing instruments, attending concerts, or exploring diverse music genres could be among his hobbies.
- Reading -Many actors find enjoyment in reading as a means of relaxation and intellectual stimulation. Jeremy Allen White may have a penchant for literature, whether it be novels, scripts, or other forms of written expression.
- Outdoor Activities -Given the demanding nature of the entertainment industry, some individuals, including actors, find solace in outdoor activities. Hiking, camping, or engaging in sports could be potential interests for White.
- Philanthropy -While more of an activity than a hobby, involvement in philanthropy is common among celebrities. Jeremy Allen White may dedicate time to charitable causes or organizations addressing social and environmental issues.
- Travel -Actors often have the opportunity to travel for work, and some develop a love for exploring new places. Jeremy Allen White may enjoy experiencing different cultures and environments through travel.
- Technology and Gaming -In a world driven by technology, some individuals have a keen interest in the latest technological advancements and gaming. Exploring virtual worlds or staying updated on tech trends could be a potential interest.
- Family Time -Given the relatively private nature of Jeremy Allen White, spending quality time with family could be a significant aspect of his personal life.
Jeremy Allen White is an American actor born on February 17, 1991, in Brooklyn, New York. He gained widespread recognition for his role as Lip Gallagher in the popular TV series "Shameless."
White's breakout role was playing Philip "Lip" Gallagher in the acclaimed TV series "Shameless," which premiered in 2011 and ran for 11 seasons.
White has received nominations for various awards for his performance in "Shameless," including recognition for his portrayal of Lip Gallagher.
Yes, Jeremy Allen White has actively participated in independent films, often choosing projects with unique and unconventional narratives.
White has appeared in films such as "Rob the Mob" (2014), "You Can't Win" (2016), and "After Everything" (2018), showcasing his versatility as an actor.
In conclusion, Jeremy Allen White remains an enigmatic figure when it comes to his personal hobbies and interests. While his public persona is primarily defined by his successful acting career, there is a deliberate effort to keep certain aspects of his private life away from the spotlight.
Speculatively, based on common interests among individuals in the entertainment industry, Jeremy Allen White might find enjoyment in music, literature, outdoor activities, philanthropy, and perhaps technology. However, these assumptions are made with the understanding that personal preferences can be diverse and individual.