Ozuna is a singer from Puerto Rico. Among the numerous number-one Latin albums that Ozuna has released are "Odisea," "Aura," "Nibiru," and "ENOC." In addition, he collaborated with DJ Snake, Selena Gomez, and Cardi B on the tune "Taki Taki," which became a huge global smash.
As an actor, Ozuna has appeared in the movies "Que León" and "F9." How much isOzuna worth? Join us on a captivating exploration of the enigma that is Ozuna and the considerable wealth he has amassed along his extraordinary musical odyssey.
|Date Of Birth
|Mar 13, 1992
|Place Of Birth
|San Juan, Puerto Rico
On March 13, 1992, in San Juan, Puerto Rico, Ozuna was born as Juan Carlos Ozuna Rosado to a Dominican father and a Puerto Rican mother. Growing up in a low-income family, he was taken care of by his paternal grandmother following the death of his father in the mid-1990s. He was raised as a Christian by his grandma. Ozuna knew at the age of twelve that he wanted to be a musician, and his uncle later gave him a microphone.
Born and reared in San Juan, Puerto Rico, to a Dominican father and a Puerto Rican mother, Juan Carlos Ozuna Rosado, better known by his moniker Ozuna, is a singer and rapper from the island.
When Ozuna first started his music career in 2012, Daddy Yankee and Anuel AA were among the celebritieswho took notice of his debut hit, "Imaginando." After that, he began working at Musicologo & Menes and eventually rose to great prominence in the music business. Ozuna had the opportunity to negotiate a deal with Golden Family Records in 2014, and he then started releasing his music on YouTube.
His debut single, Si No Te Quiere, featuring rapper Dozi, became a huge hit and catapulted him to prominence as one of Latin America's most well-liked vocalists. Following his popularity, he had numerous offers for live performances around South America. In 2016, Ozuna became well-known for his work with Arcangel, De La Ghetto, Mambo Kingz, DJ Luian, and Anuel AA.
He also made an appearance in the song La Ocasión. The song became a huge hit, reaching its highest position on the Billboard Hot Latin Songs chart at number 22. He released the song Te Vas that same year, and it received over 800 million views on YouTube.
Subsequently, he released his smash song Dile Que Tu Me Quieres, which peaked at #13 on the Billboard Latin list and became the most successful track of that period. Ozuna's song "Tu Foto," which he released in April 2017, became popular and ranked 10th on the Latin Billboard list in addition to receiving over 880 million views on YouTube.
He inked deals with Sony Music Latin and VP Entertainment that year, and in August of that same year, he released his debut studio album, Odisea. After that, he traveled throughout Latin America and Europe. Ozuna released his second studio album, Aura, on August 24, 2018. It was an enormous hit, peaking at the top of the US Top Latin Albums (Billboard) charts.
With the song "Taki Taki," which she co-wrote in 2018 alongside well-known musicians including DJ Snake, Cardi B, and Selena Gomez, the singer's music video has amassed over 2 billion views on YouTube. Ozuna followed this success with the publication of his fourth studio album, ENOC, in September 2020, and his third studio album, Nibiru, in 2019.
In addition to being a singer, Ozuna debuted as an actor in the 2018 movie Que León. After that, he starred in the Fast & Furious franchise, F9. Throughout his illustrious musical career, Ozuna has won numerous accolades, including five Billboard Music Awards, twelve Billboard Latin Music Awards, six Latin American Music Awards, and eight Lo Nuestro Awards. In addition, the singer broke four Guinness World Records and won two Latin Grammy Awards.
Over 4,113,000 albums were sold by Ozuna, with 3,780,000 of those sales occurring in the US. Odisea is Ozuna's best-selling album, having sold over 1,758,000 copies.
Ozuna's estimated net worth as of 2023 is $19 million USD. Over his career, he has released a number of successful songs, making him one of the highest-paid singersin the Puerto Rican music industry. His revenue from music is derived primarily from album sales, hit singles, and joint ventures with other musicians.
|$100k per event
|Cash In Bank
Let's look at the most costly cars in Ozuna's collection. He loves expensive cars and has bought ostentatious and opulent items. Ozuna is the owner of numerous vehicles, such as a Rolls-Royce Dawn, a Lamborghini Aventador, a Ferrari 458 Spider, a Range Rover Velar, a Bentley Continental GT, and more.
Ozuna is renowned for his jewelry collection as well. In 2020, he bought pricey watches for $800,000. In addition, he bought clothes and sneakers for about $29,000. Ozuna and his family are leading a splendid life in the opulent estate situated in the upscale Coconut Grove neighborhood of Miami, Florida.
The property, which he purchased for about $5.5 million, has a large pool, a gym, a basketball court, five bedrooms, seven bathrooms, and a home theater. This contemporary home is 7,000 square feet in size and has the appearance of a small resort. Nibiru International LLC is the official owner of Ozuna.
Here are some controversies associated with Ozuna:
- Extortion and Murder Plot Allegations (2019) -In early 2019, newsemerged that Ozuna was involved in an extortion and murder plot. Reports revealed that he had been extorted over an intimate video filmed when he was a minor. The case involved the tragic death of Kevin Fret, a Puerto Rican LGBTQ+ artist who was murdered. Ozuna publicly addressed the situation, stating that he paid the extortion money to protect his family and himself.
- Homophobic Remarks Controversy (2017) -Ozuna faced criticism for homophobic remarks he made on social media several years prior to gaining fame. He apologized publicly for his past comments, expressing regret and explaining that he had matured since then. This incident led to discussions about homophobia in the reggaeton music genre.
- Cancelled Concert in Spain (2018) -In 2018, Ozuna canceled a concert in Spain abruptly, citing personal reasons. This led to disappointment among fans, and while the specific details of the cancellation were not disclosed, it fueled speculation and rumors.
- Plagiarism Accusations (2018) -Ozuna faced accusations of plagiarism for his song "Ahora Dice." Some claimed that the track bore similarities to Chris Jeday's "Ahora Dice," and Ozuna was criticized for not giving proper credit. However, the issue was eventually resolved without any legal action.
Sofía and Jacob are Ozuna's two children with his wife, Taina Marie Meléndez. In addition to being the owner of the Puerto Rico National League basketball team, Baloncesto Nacional Superior, he is an enthusiastic collector of watches. In terms of charitable endeavors, Ozuna established the healthcare-supporting Odisea Children organization in 2017.
Ozuna wearing a blue jacket
Ozuna has been actively involved in philanthropic efforts, demonstrating a commitment to making a positive impact beyond his music career.
- Education Initiatives -Ozuna has shown a particular interest in supporting education initiatives. He has been involved in projects aimed at providing educational resources and opportunities to underprivileged children, emphasizing the importance of education in breaking the cycle of poverty.
- Social Justice Advocacy -Ozuna has used his platform to advocate for social justice issues, both in Puerto Rico and globally. He has spoken out on matters such as equality, human rights, and justice, using his influence to bring attention to important societal issues.
- Disaster Relief Efforts -In the aftermath of natural disasters, particularly in his home country of Puerto Rico, Ozuna has contributed to relief efforts. Whether it's providing financial assistance or actively participating in fundraising events, he has shown a commitment to helping communities in times of need.
- Community Development -Ozuna has expressed a dedication to supporting community development initiatives. This includes projects that aim to enhance the quality of life in communities by investing in infrastructure, healthcare facilities, and other essential services.
- COVID-19 Relief:During the global COVID-19 pandemic, Ozuna, like many other celebrities, contributed to relief efforts. This included donations to healthcare organizations, charities, and initiatives that aimed to alleviate the impact of the pandemic on vulnerable populations.
Ozuna wearing a red jacket
- Early Beginnings -Juan Carlos Ozuna Rosado, better known as Ozuna, was born on March 13, 1992, in San Juan, Puerto Rico, and showed an early interest in music.
- YouTube Breakthrough -Ozuna gained initial recognition through his songs on YouTube, where he uploaded his music independently, catching the attention of fans worldwide before signing with a record label.
- Educational Background -Before pursuing a career in music, Ozuna studied at the University of Puerto Rico where he developed his passion for composing and performing music.
- Musical Influences -His musical style is influenced by a mix of genres, including reggaeton, Latin trap, and bachata, blending different elements to create a unique and versatile sound.
- Collaboration Success -Ozuna holds the record for the most Billboard Latin Music Award nominations in a single year, largely due to his numerous successful collaborations with other artists.
- Diverse Collaboration -One of his most unexpected collaborations was with the American rapper Cardi B, resulting in the hit song "La Modelo," which showcased Ozuna's ability to seamlessly blend Latin and hip-hop elements.
- Global Recognition -Ozuna's music has gained immense popularity globally, and he became the most-watched artist on YouTube in 2018, surpassing even well-established international stars.
- Philanthropic Efforts -Beyond his musical achievements, Ozuna is involved in philanthropy, supporting causes such as education and social justice initiatives in Puerto Rico and beyond.
- Debut Album Success -His debut album, "Odisea," released in 2017, became a massive success, breaking records and solidifying Ozuna's position as a rising star in the Latin music scene.
- Acting Debut -In addition to his music career, Ozuna made his acting debut in the film "Que León" in 2018, showcasing his talents beyond the realm of music.
- Family Man -Ozuna is known for being a family-oriented person, often sharing moments with his wife and children on social media, providing a more personal glimpse into his life.
- Record-Breaking Chart Performance -He holds the record for the most number-one hits on the Billboard Latin Airplay chart, a testament to his consistent chart-topping success.
- Fashion Collaboration -Ozuna has ventured into the world of fashion, collaborating with iconic brands such as Jordan Brand, further establishing himself as a multifaceted artist.
- Multilingual Talent -Fluent in both Spanish and English, Ozuna has actively sought to bridge cultural gaps through his music, making him relatable to a diverse audience.
- Digital Marketing Prowess -Ozuna is recognized for his strategic use of digital platforms, utilizing social media to connect directly with his fans and build a massive online following, contributing to his global success.
Some of Ozuna's popular songs include "Dile Que Tu Me Quieres," "Se Preparó," "El Farsante," "Te Boté," "Taki Taki" (with DJ Snake, Selena Gomez, and Cardi B), and "Baila Baila Baila."
Yes, Ozuna has received numerous awards for his work, including several Billboard Latin Music Awards and Latin Grammy Awards. He has also been recognized for his achievements in the Latin music industry.
Yes, Ozuna has collaborated with various artists across genres. Some notable collaborations include "La Modelo" with Cardi B, "Taki Taki" with DJ Snake, Selena Gomez, and Cardi B, and "Baila Baila Baila" with Daddy Yankee, J Balvin, Farruko, and Anuel AA.
In conclusion, Ozuna's journey from the streets of San Juan to global stardom is a narrative woven with talent, determination, and innovation. As a reggaeton icon, his influence transcends not only the Latin music scene but also the boundaries of language and culture. Ozuna's success is marked not just by chart-topping hits and industry accolades but also by his entrepreneurial ventures, philanthropic efforts, and a commitment to pushing artistic boundaries.
His ability to seamlessly blend genres, collaborate with international stars, and consistently deliver chart-topping music has solidified his place as a trailblazer in the music industry. Ozuna's impact extends beyond the stage, reaching into the realms of fashion, film, and entrepreneurship, showcasing a multifaceted artist whose influence resonates with diverse audiences worldwide.