Lonzo Ball Net Worth - How He Built His $40 Million Fortune
Lonzo Ball is a rising star in the NBA, known for his impressive playmaking skills and solid defense. In this article, we'll take a closer look at Lonzo Ball net worth and explore the various factors that have contributed to his wealth. Since being drafted in 2017, he has played for the Los Angeles Lakers, New Orleans Pelicans, and currently the Chicago Bulls. But beyond his skills on the court, Ball has also made a name for himself as a savvy businessman.
Quick Facts About Lonzo Ball
|Birthday||October 27, 1997|
|Net worth||$40 million|
Early Life Of Lonzo Ball
Lonzo Ball was born on October 27, 1997, in Anaheim, California. He was raised in a basketball family, with both his father, LaVar Ball, and his mother, Tina Ball, having played college basketball. Ball grew up in Chino Hills, California, where he attended Chino Hills High School.
COPYRIGHT_PNW: Published on https://purenetworth.com/lonzo-ball-net-worth/ by - on 2023-05-12T14:06:43.356Z
At Chino Hills High School, Ball quickly established himself as a standout player. During his junior and senior years, he led his team to an undefeated record and back-to-back California state championships. He was named California's Mr. Basketball in both his junior and senior years and was also named the national high school player of the year by several publications.
After graduating from high school, Ball enrolled at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), where he played for one season before declaring for the NBA draft. During his one year at UCLA, Ball averaged 14.6 points, 7.6 assists, and 6.0 rebounds per game, and was named a consensus first-team All-American.
NBA Career Of Lonzo Ball
8 Minutes Of Lonzo Ball Being A MAGICIAN On The Court!
Lonzo Ball was selected as the second overall pick in the 2017 NBA draft by the Los Angeles Lakers. He made his NBA debut on October 19, 2017, and quickly established himself as a talented playmaker and solid defender. In his rookie season, Ball averaged 10.2 points, 7.2 assists, and 6.9 rebounds per game, and became the youngest player in NBA history to record a triple-double.
After two seasons with the Lakers, Ball was traded to the New Orleans Pelicans in July 2019 as part of the Anthony Davis trade. He played for the Pelicans for the 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 seasons, where he continued to impress with his playmaking abilities and improved his shooting.
In August 2021, Ball was traded to the Chicago Bulls, where he signed a four-year, $85 million contract. In his first season with the Bulls, Ball played a key role in the team's success, helping them secure a spot in the playoffs. He finished the regular season averaging 14.6 points, 5.7 assists, and 5.8 rebounds per game while shooting a career-high 41.4% from the three-point line.
Business Ventures Of Lonzo Ball
In addition to his successful basketball career, Lonzo Ball has also ventured into the world of business. Here are some of his notable business ventures:
- Big Baller Brand - In 2016, Lonzo Ball and his family launched the Big Baller Brand, a clothing and shoe line. The brand initially received mixed reviews but gained significant attention due to Lonzo's association with it. However, in 2019, Lonzo severed ties with the brand, citing concerns over the company's business practices.
- Real estate investments - Lonzo Ball has invested in several real estate properties, including a $5.2 million mansion in Encino, California. He has also flipped homes for profit, with one of his most notable projects being a $3.5 million home in Chino Hills.
- Esports - In 2019, Lonzo Ball invested in esports organization, Gen.G, becoming the first professional athlete to invest in the company. He also created his own esports team, the "Triple B's," which competes in the NBA 2K League.
- Music career - Lonzo Ball has also dabbled in music, releasing several hip-hop tracks, including "Zo2" and "Super Saiyan."
Endorsement Deals Of Lonzo Ball
Lonzo Ball has also signed several endorsement deals throughout his career. Here are some of his notable partnerships:
- Nike - In 2017, Lonzo Ball turned down a multi-million dollar endorsement deal from Nike to sign with his family's own company, Big Baller Brand. However, he later parted ways with Big Baller Brand and signed a deal with Nike in 2019.
- Puma - In 2020, Lonzo Ball signed a multi-year endorsement deal with Puma. As part of the deal, he wears Puma sneakers on the court and has also collaborated with the brand on clothing and merchandise.
- 20th Century Fox - In 2018, Lonzo Ball signed a creative partnership with 20th Century Fox, which included producing original content for the studio's digital platforms.
- BioSteel Sports Nutrition - In 2021, Lonzo Ball signed a multi-year partnership with BioSteel Sports Nutrition, becoming a brand ambassador for the company's products.
Lonzo Ball Net Worth
As of 2023, Lonzo Ball's net worth is estimated to be around $40 million. His NBA contracts and endorsement deals have contributed significantly to his wealth.
In 2017, Lonzo signed a four-year, $33 million contract with the Los Angeles Lakers as the second overall pick in the NBA draft. After two seasons with the Lakers, he was traded to the New Orleans Pelicans in 2019, where he played for two seasons before being traded to the Chicago Bulls in 2021. His current contract with the Bulls is worth $85 million over four years.
In addition to his NBA contracts, Lonzo has also signed endorsement deals with Nike, Puma, and other companies. He has also made investments in real estate and esports and has released music under his own label.
Real Estate Properties Of Lonzo Ball
Lonzo Ball House Tour | Sherman Oaks | $7.25 Million
Lonzo Ball has invested in several real estate properties over the years. Here are some of his notable properties:
- Encino mansion - In 2019, Lonzo Ball purchased a $5.2 million mansion in Encino, California. The property features a basketball court, pool, and spa, as well as a home theater and outdoor kitchen.
- Chino Hills house - In 2018, Lonzo Ball sold his Chino Hills house for $4.1 million, making a profit of $400,000. The 6,500-square-foot home featured six bedrooms, eight bathrooms, and a home theater.
- Brentwood condo - In 2017, Lonzo Ball purchased a luxury condo in Brentwood, California for $3.9 million. The 3,400-square-foot unit has three bedrooms, four bathrooms, and views of the ocean and mountains.
- Marina del Rey condo - In 2017, Lonzo Ball also purchased a two-bedroom condo in Marina del Rey, California for $1.5 million. The property features a pool, spa, and fitness center.
Philanthropic Works Of Lonzo Ball
Lonzo Ball has been involved in several philanthropic initiatives throughout his career. Here are some of his notable contributions:
- BBB Foundation - In 2017, Lonzo Ball and his family established the Big Baller Brand Foundation, which focuses on providing resources and support to underprivileged families and children. The foundation has hosted charity events and donated to organizations such as the Boys and Girls Clubs of America.
- Lakers Youth Foundation - During his time with the Los Angeles Lakers, Lonzo donated a portion of his salary to the Lakers Youth Foundation, which supports youth programs and education initiatives in the Los Angeles area.
- Community events - Lonzo has also participated in several community events and initiatives, such as donating turkeys to families in need during Thanksgiving and hosting a holiday toy drive.
- Music education - In 2020, Lonzo partnered with the National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM) Foundation to support music education programs in public schools. He donated instruments and other resources to schools in the Los Angeles area.
Lonzo Ball has used his platform and resources to make a positive impact on his community and beyond. His involvement in the Big Baller Brand Foundation and other philanthropic initiatives demonstrates his commitment to supporting underprivileged families and children, and his partnership with NAMM Foundation highlights his dedication to promoting music education in schools.
Interesting Facts About Lonzo Ball
7 Facts about Lonzo Ball
- Family of athletes - Lonzo comes from a family of athletes. His father, LaVar Ball, played college football, and his two younger brothers, LiAngelo and LaMelo, are also professional basketball players.
- College success - In his only season at UCLA, Lonzo Ball led the Bruins to the Sweet 16 of the NCAA Tournament and was named a consensus first-team All-American.
- Youngest triple-double - In November 2017, at the age of 20, Lonzo became the youngest player in NBA history to record a triple-double, with 19 points, 13 assists, and 12 rebounds.
- Music career - Lonzo has released several rap songs and has his own music label, Born 2 Ball Entertainment.
- Big Baller Brand - In 2017, Lonzo and his family launched their own apparel company, Big Baller Brand, which caused controversy due to its high prices and unconventional business model.
- Shoe deal - In 2019, Lonzo signed a shoe deal with New Balance, ending his association with the Big Baller Brand.
- Trade history - Lonzo has been traded three times in his NBA career, from the Lakers to the Pelicans, from the Pelicans to the Bulls, and from the Bulls to the Clippers (although the trade was later canceled).
People Also Ask
How Tall Is Lonzo Ball?
Lonzo Ball is 6 feet 6 inches tall, or 1.98 meters.
What Is Lonzo Ball's Jersey Number?
Lonzo Ball currently wears jersey number 2 for the Chicago Bulls.
What Is Lonzo Ball's Shoe Size?
Lonzo Ball's shoe size is 14 US.
Is Lonzo Ball Related To LaMelo Ball?
Lonzo Ball is the older brother of LaMelo Ball, who currently plays for the Charlotte Hornets.
What Is Lonzo Ball's Ethnicity?
Lonzo Ball is of African American and European American descent. His father is African American and his mother is of Lithuanian descent.
Lonzo Ball net worth is $40 million, Ball has proven himself to be more than just a talented basketball player. He has made smart business decisions, invested in real estate and esports, and landed lucrative endorsement deals. As he continues to develop his game and build his brand, it's likely that his fortune will only continue to grow. Lonzo Ball is a player to watch both on and off the court, and his net worth is a testament to his hard work and dedication.