Kyrie Irving Net Worth - How Much Has He Made?
Kyrie Irving is a professional basketball player who has made a name for himself in the NBA with his exceptional ball-handling skills and clutch performances. As a result of his on-court success, many people are curious about Kyrie Irving net worth and how he accumulated his wealth. In this article, we will delve into Kyrie Irving net worth and take a closer look at his NBA career, endorsements, and philanthropic work.
Quick Facts About Kyrie Irving
|Birthday||March 23, 1992|
|Net worth||$90 million|
Early Life Of Kyrie Irving
Kyrie Irving was born on March 23, 1992, in Melbourne, Australia. His father, Drederick Irving, was a professional basketball player, and his mother, Elizabeth Irving, was a volleyball player. When Irving was two years old, his family moved to New Jersey, where he spent most of his childhood. Growing up, Irving was a multi-sport athlete and excelled in basketball, football, and track and field.
COPYRIGHT_PNW: Published on https://purenetworth.com/kyrie-irving-net-worth/ by - on 2023-05-22T13:41:30.671Z
Irving attended Montclair Kimberley Academy for elementary school and then transferred to St. Patrick High School in Elizabeth, New Jersey, for high school. At St. Patrick, Irving played basketball and helped lead the team to two New Jersey Tournament of Champions titles. During his senior year, he averaged 24.5 points, 5.0 rebounds, and 7.0 assists per game and was named a McDonald's All-American.
After graduating from high school, Irving attended Duke University, where he played for the Blue Devils for one season. He averaged 17.5 points, 3.4 rebounds, and 4.3 assists per game and was named the ACC Rookie of the Year. Following his freshman season, Irving declared for the NBA draft and was selected as the first overall pick by the Cleveland Cavaliers.
NBA Career Of Kyrie Irving
Kyrie's TOP 30 Career Plays 🏀👏
Kyrie Irving began his NBA career in 2011 when he was drafted as the first overall pick by the Cleveland Cavaliers. In his rookie season, Irving made an immediate impact, averaging 18.5 points and 5.4 assists per game and earning the NBA Rookie of the Year award. He also won the NBA Three-Point Contest during the All-Star Weekend.
In his second season, Irving continued to impress, averaging 22.5 points, 5.9 assists, and 3.7 rebounds per game. He was selected to his first All-Star Game and was named the game's MVP. Irving's third season was interrupted by injuries, but he still managed to average 20.8 points, 6.1 assists, and 3.6 rebounds per game.
After three seasons with the Cavaliers, Irving was traded to the Boston Celtics in 2017. In his first season with the Celtics, Irving averaged 24.4 points, 5.1 assists, and 3.8 rebounds per game and helped lead the team to the Eastern Conference Finals. However, the Celtics were eliminated by the Cavaliers in seven games, and Irving suffered a knee injury that forced him to miss the rest of the playoffs.
In 2019, Irving signed with the Brooklyn Nets as a free agent. In his first season with the team, he averaged 27.4 points, 6.4 assists, and 5.2 rebounds per game. However, injuries once again hampered his performance, and he played in only 20 games during the 2019-2020 season. In the 2020-2021 season, Irving helped lead the Nets to the playoffs, where they were eliminated in the second round by the Milwaukee Bucks.
Throughout his NBA career, Kyrie Irving has established himself as one of the league's top point guards and has earned numerous accolades, including six All-Star selections and an NBA championship with the Cleveland Cavaliers in 2016.
Endorsement Deals Of Kyrie Irving
Kyrie Irving is one of the most marketable players in the NBA and has secured several high-profile endorsement deals throughout his career. Here are some of his most notable deals:
- Nike - In 2014, Irving signed a multi-year deal with Nike, which reportedly pays him $11 million per year. He has since released several signature shoes with the brand, including the Kyrie 7, Kyrie 6, and Kyrie Low 4.
- Pepsi - In 2018, Irving signed a multi-year deal with Pepsi, becoming the face of the brand's Uncle Drew campaign. He has since appeared in several commercials and ads for the brand.
- Panini America - In 2018, Irving signed an exclusive multi-year autograph and memorabilia deal with Panini America, a leading trading card and collectibles company.
- Skullcandy - In 2019, Irving signed a multi-year partnership with Skullcandy, a company that produces audio products.
- NBA 2K - Irving has been featured on the cover of the popular video game NBA 2K18 and has served as a brand ambassador for the game.
- Beyond Meat - In 2021, Irving became an investor in Beyond Meat, a company that produces plant-based meat alternatives.
Kyrie Irving Net Worth
Kyrie Irving Lifestyle & Net Worth 2023
As of 2023, Kyrie Irving's net worth is estimated to be around $90 million. Irving has earned a significant amount of money throughout his career, both from his NBA contracts and his numerous endorsement deals.
Irving signed a five-year, $94 million contract with the Cleveland Cavaliers in 2014 and later signed a four-year, $142 million contract extension with the Boston Celtics in 2018. In 2019, he signed a four-year, $136 million contract with the Brooklyn Nets. These contracts, along with his endorsement deals, have helped him accumulate a significant amount of wealth.
In addition to his basketball earnings, Irving is also known for his philanthropic efforts. He has donated millions of dollars to various causes, including the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe and the WNBA Players' Association.
Real Estate Properties Of Kyrie Irving
Kyrie Irving has been known to invest in real estate and has purchased several properties throughout his career. Here are some of his notable real estate investments:
- West Orange, New Jersey mansion - In 2016, Irving purchased a 25,000-square-foot mansion in West Orange, New Jersey for $1.4 million. The mansion features nine bedrooms, 11.5 bathrooms, a movie theater, and a basketball court.
- South Orange, New Jersey home - In 2019, Irving purchased a home in South Orange, New Jersey for $1.5 million. The home features six bedrooms, 5.5 bathrooms, and a three-car garage.
- Miami Beach penthouse - In 2019, Irving purchased a penthouse in Miami Beach for $17.5 million. The penthouse features five bedrooms, 5.5 bathrooms, a private pool, and stunning ocean views.
- Downtown Brooklyn condominium - In 2020, Irving purchased a condominium in downtown Brooklyn for $4.8 million. The condominium features three bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms, and a private terrace.
Philanthropic Efforts Of Kyrie Irving
Kyrie Irving is known for his philanthropic efforts and has donated millions of dollars to various causes throughout his career. Here are some of his notable philanthropic endeavors:
- The Kyrie Irving Foundation - In 2018, Irving launched the Kyrie Irving Foundation, which is dedicated to empowering and supporting underprivileged youth. The foundation focuses on providing education and mentorship opportunities, as well as addressing social and emotional needs.
- Standing Rock Sioux Tribe - In 2016, Irving donated $200,000 to the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe to support their efforts in protesting the Dakota Access Pipeline.
- WNBA Players' Association - In 2020, Irving pledged $1.5 million to support WNBA players who chose to sit out the season in protest of social injustice and racial inequality.
- Share the Meal - In 2020, Irving donated $323,000 to the United Nations World Food Programme's Share the Meal program, which provides meals to children in need around the world.
- Hunger Relief - In 2021, Irving partnered with Feeding America and City Harvest to distribute 250,000 meals in New York City to people in need.
Interesting Facts About Kyrie Irving
10 Things You Didn't Know About Kyrie Irving
- He was born in Melbourne, Australia - Although Irving grew up in New Jersey, he was born in Melbourne, Australia, where his father played professional basketball.
- He is an accomplished musician - In addition to his basketball skills, Irving is also a talented musician. He plays several instruments, including the piano, guitar, and drums.
- He starred in the movie "Uncle Drew" - In 2018, Irving starred in the movie "Uncle Drew," which was based on his popular Pepsi Max commercial character of the same name.
- He is a Nike athlete - Irving has a lucrative endorsement deal with Nike, and his signature shoe line, the Kyrie, is one of the most popular basketball shoes on the market.
- He has a close relationship with his sister - Irving has a tattoo of his late mother's name on his wrist, and he has also dedicated several of his basketball accomplishments to his younger sister, Asia.
- He is a vegan - Irving adopted a vegan diet in 2017 to improve his health and performance on the court.
- He attended Duke University for one year - Before entering the NBA draft, Irving attended Duke University for one year, where he played college basketball for the Blue Devils.
People Also Ask
What Endorsements Does Kyrie Irving Have?
Kyrie Irving has endorsement deals with Nike, Pepsi, and Panini America, among others.
How Much Did Kyrie Irving Make In His NBA Career?
Kyrie Irving has earned approximately $185 million from his NBA contracts throughout his career.
What Is Kyrie Irving's Highest-paid Contract?
Kyrie Irving's highest-paid contract is his current four-year contract with the Brooklyn Nets worth $136 million.
How Does Kyrie Irving Make His Money?
Kyrie Irving makes his money primarily through his NBA contracts and numerous endorsement deals.
Kyrie Irving net worth is a reflection of his successful NBA career, numerous endorsement deals, and philanthropic efforts. As one of the most exciting and skilled players in the league, it's no surprise that Irving has amassed a significant amount of wealth.
However, his dedication to giving back to the community through his philanthropic work is equally impressive. Kyrie Irving net worth and contributions to various causes make him not only a successful athlete but also a role model for many.