Harry Connick Jr. Net Worth - How 'It Had To Be You' Accumulate His Net Worth
An American singer, pianist, composer, and actor, Harry Connick Jr. net worth is approximately $45 million. He first rose to fame in the 1980s as a jazz pianist and vocalist, and later became a popular pop singer and actor.
Connick Jr. has won three Grammy Awards, two Emmy Awards, and a Tony Award for his work in music, film, and theater. He is also known for his contributions to the soundtrack of the hit movie "When Harry Met Sally," and for his role in the Broadway revival of "The Pajama Game."
One of his biggest hits is the song "It Had to Be You," which was featured in the movie "When Harry Met Sally" and became a top 10 hit on the Billboard Adult Contemporary chart. Connick Jr. has released over 30 albums throughout his career, with many of them achieving platinum or gold status.
Despite his success as an actor and composer, Connick Jr. still sings and performs regularly. He has embarked on several successful tours, performing his signature blend of jazz, pop, and big band music to audiences around the world.
Quick Facts About Harry Connick Jr.
COPYRIGHT_PNW: Published on https://purenetworth.com/harry-connick-jr-net-worth/ by - on 2023-03-01T09:48:02.253Z
|Name||Harry Connick Jr.|
|Birthday||September 11, 1967|
|Net worth||$45 million|
Harry Connick Jr. Early Life
Harry Connick Jr. was born on September 11, 1967, in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA, which makes him 55 years old as of 2022. He was raised in a musical family, with his father being a district attorney and his mother a judge who also played piano and sang.
Connick Jr. began taking piano lessons at the age of three and was performing publicly by the age of six. He attended the New Orleans Center for Creative Arts, where he studied music and theater, and later attended Loyola University in New Orleans, where he majored in music and minored in philosophy.
Connick Jr. comes from a large family, with three sisters and a brother. His younger sister, Suzanna Connick, is also a musician and has performed with her brother on several occasions. Harry Connick Jr. is an American national and is proud of his New Orleans heritage, which has influenced his music and style throughout his career.
Career Of Harry Connick Jr.
Harry Connick Jr. - It Had to Be You
Harry Connick Jr. began his career as a jazz pianist and vocalist and released his debut album, "Harry Connick Jr." in 1987, which was a critical and commercial success. He quickly became known for his smooth voice and impressive piano skills and continued to release successful jazz albums throughout the 1980s and 1990s.
In 1989, Connick Jr. gained mainstream recognition for his contributions to the soundtrack of the hit movie "When Harry Met Sally," which included his versions of classic jazz standards such as "It Had to Be You" and "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off." He also appeared in the movie as a supporting actor.
Throughout the 1990s, Connick Jr. shifted his focus towards pop music, and released several successful albums that included hit singles such as "We Are in Love" and "When My Heart Finds Christmas." He also continued to act in films, including "Copycat," "Independence Day," and "Hope Floats."
In addition to his music and acting careers, Connick Jr. has also appeared as a judge on the television singing competition show "American Idol," and hosted his own talk show, "Harry," from 2016 to 2018.
Throughout his career, Connick Jr. has won three Grammy Awards, two Emmy Awards, and a Tony Award, and has sold over 28 million albums worldwide. He continues to tour and perform, showcasing his signature blend of jazz, pop, and big band music to audiences around the world.
Harry Connick Jr. Net Worth
Harry Connick Jr.'s net worth was estimated to be around $45 million. Throughout his career as a musician, actor, and television personality, Connick Jr. has amassed a considerable fortune. He has sold over 28 million albums worldwide, appeared in numerous movies and TV shows, and has hosted his own talk show.
In addition to his entertainment career, Connick Jr. has also invested in real estate, including a home in New Canaan, Connecticut, and has been involved in various philanthropic endeavors, including the Musicians' Village in New Orleans, which he helped to establish after Hurricane Katrina.
Who Is Harry Connick Jr. Wife?
Harry Connick Jr. is married. He has been married to former model and actress, Jill Goodacre, since 1994. They met in 1990 when Goodacre was featured in the music video for Connick Jr.'s song, "The Other Hours."
Jill Goodacre is known for her work as Victoria's Secret model in the 1980s and 1990s, and for her acting roles in television shows and movies such as "Friends," "The Uninvited," and "Angie." She also works as a philanthropist and is involved with various charitable organizations.
Jill Goodacre was born on March 29, 1965, which makes her 57 years old as of 2022. She and Harry Connick Jr. have three daughters together: Georgia Tatum, Sarah Kate, and Charlotte. They have been happily married for over 27 years and continue to support each other in their respective careers and endeavors.
Children Of Harry Connick Jr.
Harry Connick Jr. has three daughters with his wife, Jill Goodacre. Their oldest daughter, Georgia Tatum Connick, was born in 1996, and their other two daughters, Sarah Kate Connick, and Charlotte Connick were born in 1997 and 2002, respectively.
Georgia Tatum Connick is currently pursuing a career in acting and has appeared in several movies and TV shows, including "Vampires vs. the Bronx" and "The Good Fight." She also released her debut single, "Lose You Too," in 2020.
Sarah Kate Connick is a visual artist and writer. She is also known for her work as an art director and production designer in the film industry.
Charlotte Connick is still in high school and has not yet pursued a professional career, but has shown an interest in music and has performed with her father on several occasions.
Overall, Harry Connick Jr.'s daughters are all talented and accomplished in their own right, and he has expressed pride and admiration for their pursuits and accomplishments.
Harry Connick Jr. Real Estate
Harry Connick Jr. is known to have invested in real estate throughout his career. Here are some notable properties he has owned:
- A 4,600 square-foot apartment in Manhattan's Upper East Side, which he purchased in 1998 for $1.29 million and sold in 2012 for $2.2 million.
- A home in New Canaan, Connecticut, which he purchased in 2006 for $6.5 million. The property sits on over 11 acres and includes a main house, guest house, pool, tennis court, and pond.
- A 1,000-acre estate in rural Connecticut, which he purchased in 1998 for $3 million. The property includes a main house, a guest house, and several outbuildings.
- A home in New Orleans' Garden District, which he purchased in 2012 for $4.2 million. The property was originally built in the 1860s and includes a main house, guest house, and pool.
Interesting Facts About Harry Connick Jr.
- Harry Connick Jr. is not only a talented musician and actor but also an accomplished composer and arranger. He has written music for films, TV shows, and stage productions, including the Broadway musical "Thou Shalt Not," for which he received a Tony nomination.
- In addition to his entertainment career, Connick Jr. is also known for his philanthropic work. He helped to establish the Musicians' Village in New Orleans, which provides affordable housing for musicians and other cultural workers in the city.
- Connick Jr. has received numerous awards and honors throughout his career, including three Grammy Awards, two Emmy Awards, and a Tony nomination. He has also been inducted into the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Connick Jr. is a skilled pianist and often accompanies himself while singing. He has cited musical influences ranging from jazz greats such as Louis Armstrong and Duke Ellington to rock icons like The Rolling Stones and The Beatles.
- In addition to his musical and acting talents, Connick Jr. is also an accomplished athlete. He played basketball in high school and was offered a scholarship to play at Loyola University in New Orleans, where he also played on the tennis team.
- Connick Jr. is a devoted family man and has been married to his wife, Jill Goodacre, since 1994. They have three daughters together, and Connick Jr. has spoken publicly about the importance of balancing his career with his family life.
People Also Ask
Is Harry Connick Jr. Still Married?
Yes, Harry Connick Jr. is still married to his wife, Jill Goodacre. They have been married since 1994.
What Is Harry Connick Jr.'s Biggest Hit?
Harry Connick Jr.'s biggest hit is "It Had to Be You," which was released in 1989 and was featured on the soundtrack of the movie "When Harry Met Sally."
How Many Albums Has Harry Connick Jr. Sold?
Harry Connick Jr. has sold over 28 million albums worldwide throughout his career.
Has Harry Connick Jr. Won Any Awards?
Yes, Harry Connick Jr. has won numerous awards throughout his career, including three Grammy Awards, two Emmy Awards, and a Tony nomination.
Harry Connick Jr. is a highly successful musician, actor, and television personality with an estimated net worth of $45 million. Throughout his career, he has released numerous albums, appeared in movies and TV shows, and hosted his own talk show. He has also invested in real estate and has been involved in various philanthropic endeavors.
With his talents and accomplishments, it's no surprise that Connick Jr. has been able to accumulate a significant fortune. However, it's worth noting that net worth estimates can fluctuate over time and may not reflect current values or any changes since my knowledge cutoff date.