Chris Cornell Net Worth - How Much Did The Late Musician Earn?
Chris Cornell was a beloved American musician who rose to fame as the lead vocalist for the bands Soundgarden and Audioslave. He was known for his powerful vocals and poetic lyrics, which earned him a devoted fanbase and critical acclaim throughout his career.
However, beyond his music career, Chris Cornell net worth is a topic of interest for many. In this article, we will explore how much the late musician was worth and how he earned his fortune.
Quick Facts About Chris Cornell
|Birthday||July 20, 1964|
|Net worth||$60 million|
Early Life Of Chris Cornell
COPYRIGHT_PNW: Published on https://purenetworth.com/chris-cornell-net-worth/ by - on 2023-04-13T09:11:54.756Z
Chris Cornell was born on July 20, 1964, in Seattle, Washington. He was the youngest of six children in his family. His parents were Ed Boyle and Karen Cornell. His mother Karen was an accountant and his father Ed was a pharmacist. When Chris was in grade school, his parents got divorced, and he and his siblings went to live with their mother. He later took his mother's maiden name, Cornell, as his own.
As a child, Chris was shy and introverted, and he often found solace in music. He was inspired by the Beatles and other classic rock bands, and he taught himself how to play guitar at a young age.
In his teenage years, Chris struggled with depression and substance abuse, which he would later write about in his music. Despite these challenges, he managed to graduate from Shorewood High School in 1982. After high school, Chris worked odd jobs while pursuing his music career. He played in a number of local bands, including The Shemps and Soundgarden, which would go on to become his breakthrough project.
Career Of Chris Cornell
Audioslave - Like a Stone (Official Video)
Chris Cornell had a successful career as a musician and songwriter, spanning several decades. Here are some highlights of his career:
In the mid-1980s, Cornell formed the band Soundgarden with guitarist Kim Thayil and bassist Hiro Yamamoto. They released their debut album "Ultramega OK" in 1988, and went on to achieve commercial success with their fourth album, "Superunknown," which included hits such as "Black Hole Sun" and "Spoonman." Soundgarden disbanded in 1997, but reunited in 2010 and continued to perform and record music until Cornell's death.
In 1991, Cornell contributed the song "Seasons" to the soundtrack of the movie "Singles." He also formed the band Temple of the Dog, a tribute to his friend Andrew Wood, who had passed away. The band released one self-titled album, which included the hit song "Hunger Strike" featuring Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam.
In 2001, Cornell joined the supergroup Audioslave, which included former members of the band Rage Against the Machine. Audioslave released three albums and had several hit songs, including "Like a Stone" and "Be Yourself."
In addition to his work with bands, Cornell also had a successful solo career. He released five solo albums, including "Euphoria Morning" in 1999, which featured the hit song "Can't Change Me."
Chris Cornell Net Worth
Chris Cornell had an estimated net worth of $60 million at the time of his death in 2017. His wealth was mainly attributed to his successful music career, which spanned several decades and included multiple hit albums and singles. He also had earnings from investments and real estate holdings.
As the lead singer of Soundgarden, Cornell helped to pioneer the grunge rock movement of the 1990s, which became hugely popular and commercially successful. The band sold over 10 million albums in the United States alone, and their music continues to be widely celebrated and influential.
Cornell also had success as a solo artist, with five solo albums to his name, and as a member of the supergroup Audioslave, which included former members of Rage Against the Machine. He also contributed to soundtracks for movies such as "Singles" and "Casino Royale."
Real Estate Properties Of Chris Cornell
Chris Cornell owned several real estate properties throughout his life, which were valued at millions of dollars. Here are some of his notable properties:
- Miami Beach Mansion - Cornell bought this waterfront mansion located in Miami Beach, Florida, for $4.8 million in 2005. The 5,800-square-foot house had five bedrooms, six bathrooms, a pool, and a private dock.
- Beverly Hills Estate - Cornell purchased this luxurious estate located in Beverly Hills, California, for $13.2 million in 2016. The property spanned over 9,000 square feet and featured six bedrooms, nine bathrooms, a swimming pool, and a tennis court.
- Paris Apartment - Cornell owned an apartment in the 5th arrondissement of Paris, which he bought in 2013. The apartment was located in a historic building and had two bedrooms and two bathrooms.
- Seattle Home - Cornell also owned a home in Seattle, Washington, which he purchased in the early 2000s. The property was located on Lake Washington and had a private dock.
Philanthropic Efforts Of Chris Cornell
Chris Cornell was known for his philanthropic efforts and supported various charitable causes throughout his life. Here are some of the notable philanthropic activities and organizations that he supported:
- Chris and Vicky Cornell Foundation - In 2012, Cornell and his wife, Vicky, founded the Chris and Vicky Cornell Foundation, which aims to protect vulnerable children around the world. The foundation supports organizations such as ChildHaven, which provides healing care for traumatized children, and the International Rescue Committee, which helps refugees and displaced people.
- Music for Relief - Cornell supported Music for Relief, a nonprofit organization founded by the band Linkin Park that focuses on disaster relief, environmental conservation, and climate change mitigation. He performed at several of the organization's benefit concerts and donated money to support its activities.
- Lollapalooza Foundation - Cornell was a member of the advisory board for the Lollapalooza Foundation, which supports music education programs and promotes environmental sustainability. He performed at the Lollapalooza music festival multiple times throughout his career.
- Children's Hospital Los Angeles - Cornell supported Children's Hospital Los Angeles, which provides medical care to children in need. He performed at the hospital's annual Make March Matter campaign in 2017, just months before his death.
- Amnesty International - Cornell was a longtime supporter of Amnesty International, a global human rights organization. He participated in several of the organization's benefit concerts and events and donated money to support its activities.
Chris Cornell's philanthropic activities and support for various charitable causes were a testament to his generous spirit and desire to make a positive impact on the world. His legacy continues to inspire others to give back and support those in need.
Interesting Facts About Chris Cornell
- Cornell was a talented artist beyond just music. He created the album artwork for Soundgarden's "Superunknown" and "Down on the Upside" albums.
- Cornell was friends with actor and fellow Seattle native, Rainn Wilson, who played Dwight Schrute on "The Office." Wilson appeared in Soundgarden's music video for "Black Hole Sun."
- Cornell was a big fan of the Seattle Seahawks football team and even wrote a song called "The Keeper" for the team's 2011 season.
- Cornell struggled with addiction throughout his life, but he was able to maintain his sobriety for over a decade before his death.
- Cornell was a vegetarian and was known for his love of cooking. He even shared some of his favorite recipes on his website.
- Cornell had a four-octave vocal range, making him one of the most versatile and dynamic singers in rock music.
- Cornell was a fan of the TV show "The Walking Dead" and even made a cameo appearance in an episode during the show's sixth season.
- Cornell was a solo artist as well as a member of several successful bands, including Soundgarden, Audioslave, and Temple of the Dog.
- Cornell was posthumously nominated for a Grammy Award in 2018 for his song "The Promise," which was written for the movie of the same name.
- Cornell's music continues to be celebrated and influential, with many contemporary artists citing him as a major influence on their work.
People Also Ask
What Did Chris Cornell Die Of?
Chris Cornell died by suicide in 2017.
What Bands Was Chris Cornell In?
Chris Cornell was the lead vocalist for the bands Soundgarden and Audioslave.
What Was Chris Cornell's Most Famous Song?
Chris Cornell's most famous song is likely "Black Hole Sun," which was a hit for Soundgarden in the 1990s.
Did Chris Cornell Write His Own Songs?
Chris Cornell wrote many of his own songs and was known for his poetic lyrics.
Chris Cornell net worth was estimated to be around $60 million at the time of his death in 2017. This included earnings from his music career, investments, and real estate holdings. While his wealth was certainly impressive, his legacy as a talented musician and philanthropist is what truly endures. Chris Cornell will always be remembered for his incredible contributions to rock music and his dedication to helping others in need.