Carl Lewis Net Worth - The Fortune Of A Track And Field Legend
Carl Lewis is a name that is synonymous with greatness in the world of track and field. The retired American athlete is one of the most decorated Olympians of all time, having won a total of 10 Olympic medals. His athletic prowess has earned him numerous accolades and endorsements, contributing significantly to Carl Lewis net worth. In this article, we will explore Carl Lewis' net worth and how he accumulated his wealth.
Quick Facts About Carl Lewis
|Birthday||July 1, 1961|
|Profession||Track and field athlete|
|Net worth||$20 million|
Early Life Of Carl Lewis
The Life of Carl Lewis | Brut
COPYRIGHT_PNW: Published on https://purenetworth.com/carl-lewis-net-worth/ by - on 2023-05-12T14:39:24.015Z
Carl Lewis was born on July 1, 1961, in Birmingham, Alabama, USA. He was the youngest of four children, and both of his parents were track and field athletes. When he was two years old, his family moved to Willingboro Township, New Jersey, where he spent most of his childhood.
Lewis grew up in a family of athletes and was exposed to sports from a young age. His mother coached him and his siblings in track and field, and he started competing at the age of seven. By the time he was in high school, Lewis was already a promising athlete, and he won numerous championships and set several records.
In 1979, Lewis enrolled at the University of Houston, where he continued to compete in track and field. He won numerous NCAA championships and set several records during his time at Houston. He graduated in 1983 with a degree in marketing.
Throughout his early life, Lewis was known for his exceptional speed and athleticism, and he was widely regarded as one of the most talented young athletes of his generation. His success on the track would only continue to grow as he entered the international stage and became one of the greatest Olympians of all time.
Career Of Carl Lewis
Lewis first gained international recognition at the 1980 Summer Olympics in Moscow, where he won a silver medal in the long jump. However, his performance was overshadowed by the U.S. boycott of the games, which had been called in protest of the Soviet Union's invasion of Afghanistan.
Four years later, Lewis returned to the Olympics in Los Angeles and won four gold medals in the long jump, 100-meter dash, 200-meter dash, and 4x100-meter relay. His performance was hailed as one of the greatest in Olympic history and cemented his status as one of the world's top track and field athletes.
Lewis continued to dominate the sport throughout the 1980s and into the early 1990s, winning numerous Olympic and World Championship medals in events such as the long jump, 100-meter dash, and 4x100-meter relay. He also set several world records, including the long jump record of 8.95 meters that stood for 23 years until it was broken by Mike Powell in 1991.
In addition to his success in track and field, Lewis also pursued a career in acting and appeared in several films and television shows, including "Alien Hunter," "Perfect Strangers," and "Material World." He also served as a United Nations Goodwill Ambassador and was a vocal advocate for various social causes, including education, health, and civil rights.
Business Ventures Of Carl Lewis
In addition to his success on the track, Carl Lewis has also had success in various business ventures throughout his career. Here are some of his notable business ventures:
- Fitness Centers - In 1990, Lewis opened his first fitness center in Houston, Texas. The Carl Lewis Fitness Center chain eventually grew to include multiple locations throughout the United States.
- Sports Management - In 1998, Lewis founded his own sports management company, CL Stars LLC. The company represents athletes in various sports, including track and field, football, and baseball.
- Endorsements - Throughout his career, Lewis has been a highly sought-after endorsement partner for various brands, including Nike, Coca-Cola, and McDonald's. He has also worked as a spokesperson for several charities and non-profit organizations.
- Acting and Music - Lewis has also pursued interests in acting and music. He has appeared in several films and television shows and has released several music albums.
Carl Lewis Net Worth
As of 2021, Carl Lewis' net worth is estimated to be around $20 million. Lewis earned a significant portion of his wealth through his successful track and field career, which included multiple Olympic gold medals and numerous world records. He also earned substantial income through endorsements and sponsorships, representing brands such as Nike and Coca-Cola.
In addition to his earnings from athletics and endorsements, Lewis has also invested in various business ventures throughout his career, including fitness centers and sports management companies. He has also worked as a coach and commentator in the world of athletics, which has contributed to his overall net worth.
Despite retiring from competition in 1997, Carl Lewis remains a respected and influential figure in the world of sports, and his net worth is a testament to his remarkable career and entrepreneurial spirit.
Real Estate Properties Of Carl Lewis
There is limited information available about Carl Lewis' real estate properties. However, it is known that he owned a home in Pacific Palisades, California, which he sold for $2.85 million in 2015. The property included a swimming pool, a spa, and a tennis court.
In addition, Lewis has also owned properties in Houston, Texas, where he attended college and launched his fitness center business. It is not clear whether he currently owns any other real estate properties. While Carl Lewis' real estate portfolio may not be publicly known in detail, it is clear that he has invested in and owned high-end properties in desirable locations throughout his career.
Philanthropic Works Of Carl Lewis
Carl Lewis has been actively involved in philanthropy throughout his career, with a particular focus on supporting education and athletics for disadvantaged youth. Here are some of his notable philanthropic efforts:
- The Carl Lewis Foundation - As mentioned earlier, Lewis established his foundation in 1989 to support education and athletics programs for underprivileged youth. The foundation has provided scholarships and funding to numerous organizations and schools over the years.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of America - Lewis has been a longtime supporter of the Boys & Girls Clubs of America, which provides after-school programs and other resources to children in need. He has served as a national spokesperson for the organization and has contributed significant financial support.
- Special Olympics - Lewis has also been a supporter of the Special Olympics, which provides sports training and competition opportunities for children and adults with intellectual disabilities. He has participated in numerous fundraising events for the organization.
- Hurricane Katrina Relief - In 2005, Lewis helped to organize a benefit concert to raise funds for Hurricane Katrina relief efforts. The event, which featured performances by various musicians, raised over $1 million for the American Red Cross.
Carl Lewis' philanthropic efforts reflect his commitment to using his resources and platform to make a positive impact on the world. He has focused on supporting programs that provide opportunities and resources to those who may not have access to them otherwise, particularly in the areas of education and athletics.
Interesting Facts About Carl Lewis
Carl Lewis || Everything You Need To Know About Carl Lewis
- Carl Lewis was born on July 1, 1961, in Birmingham, Alabama. His full name is Frederick Carlton Lewis.
- Lewis' parents were both athletes. His father was a track and field coach, while his mother was a hurdler and long jumper.
- Lewis attended the University of Houston, where he trained under legendary coach Tom Tellez.
- Lewis won 10 Olympic medals over the course of his career, including 9 gold medals. He also set numerous world records in events such as the 100-meter dash, long jump, and 4x100-meter relay.
- In addition to his athletic achievements, Lewis has also pursued interests in acting and music. He has appeared in several films and television shows and has released several music albums.
- Lewis is a vegan and has been an advocate for plant-based diets for many years.
- Lewis was one of the athletes who carried the Olympic flag at the opening ceremony of the 1984 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles.
- Lewis has been inducted into numerous sports halls of fame, including the U.S. Olympic Hall of Fame, the International Association of Athletics Federations Hall of Fame, and the National Track and Field Hall of Fame.
- Lewis has worked as a sports commentator and analyst for various television networks, including NBC and ESPN.
- Lewis is also an accomplished speaker and has given talks on topics such as leadership, motivation, and overcoming obstacles.
People Also Ask
How Many Gold Medals Did Carl Lewis Win?
Carl Lewis won a total of 9 gold medals in the Olympic Games.
What Is Carl Lewis' World Record?
Carl Lewis set numerous world records during his career, including the long jump record of 8.79 meters.
What Is Carl Lewis Doing Now?
Carl Lewis is retired from competition but remains active in the world of athletics. He also continues to pursue his other interests, including acting and music.
How Old Is Carl Lewis?
Carl Lewis was born on July 1, 1961, which makes him 62 years old as of 2023.
Where Is Carl Lewis From?
Carl Lewis was born in Birmingham, Alabama, but grew up in New Jersey.
Carl Lewis net worth is a testament to his incredible talent and hard work, both on and off the track. With an estimated net worth of $20 million, he has achieved a level of financial success that is rare among athletes.
From his Olympic triumphs to his successful business ventures, Lewis has proven that he is a true champion in every sense of the word. His legacy will continue to inspire athletes and fans around the world, long after his retirement from competition.